any tips to quit smoking cigs ?

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone is different, but I realized that my first step is that I had to WANT to quit. I'm on 2 years, 5 months, and 21 days (yes, I use an app called "Smoke Free" as I get geeked off data and it shows a lot of cool shyt about how your body heals, how much money you save, and how many cigarettes you haven't smoked).

I smoked for over 20 years, but I quit using Nicorette and phased off that after about a month or two. I'm essentially addicted to chewing gum now, but I'll take that over smoking.

shyt was the hardest thing I've done, I still miss smoking to this day, but I romanticized it. It's doable but I think the desire to quit has to come first.

exactly. it wasn't until i felt like i needed to quit that it was able to stick. when i got to that place? i didn't care about how hard it was. shyt was happening.

i also drastically cut my alcohol down to 1 or 2 drinks a month. if that. that was the other major factor for me, because it cut out the moments where i was more likely to just say fukk it and smoke because i was drinking or drunk.

ISHIDA

All Star
Daps
Keep ur hands busy with someone else like snacks or a toy

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I quit smoking cigs for like 5 years, but the craving was always there. I don’t think it ever goes away, but it lessens. I started smoking cigs again when hanging out with friends. That brought me to smoking for another 5-8 years, then like 2 or 3 years ago I switched to vaping Juul pods. I haven’t smoked a cig since then, but I’m definitely more addicted to nicotine now that I can vape indoors. I’m trying to quit vaping at the moment, but it’s hard. The patch helped me quit for a bit in the past, but I went back to the Juul a few months later. shyt’s hard to break

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
so yeah I've decided to quit smoking cigarettes because it's a disgusting habbit and I don't like being addicted to them

unfortunately because of health reasons I can't chew the Nicorette gum or use the patch

I'm trying to just use will power but it's hard

any coli brehs got any tips on how to stop smoking cigarettes, I'm open to all suggestions

Dont hang around people who smoke

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I smoked Newports for 8 years. Quit 3yrs ago. I played mind games initially to quit.

I smoked my last pack to the last cig. Left it on my dashboard in the heat. And if you a regular smoker, you know what a stale dry cigarette tastes like. Harsh and nasty.

I basically told myself I can't buy a pack because I have a cig in the car. I didn't want to smoke that nasty ass cigarette tho.:russ:

I still got that stale ass cigarette in the car just in case I want to pick up the habit again:lolbron:

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
thanks for all the tips and info brehs, I will try to update this thread in a month to let yall know how it's going

I know it won't be easy, so I have to use the Mamba Mentality to stay determined

good news is I just came from the convience store and didn't buy any cigs

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
so yeah I've decided to quit smoking cigarettes because it's a disgusting habbit and I don't like being addicted to them

unfortunately because of health reasons I can't chew the Nicorette gum or use the patch

I'm trying to just use will power but it's hard

any coli brehs got any tips on how to stop smoking cigarettes, I'm open to all suggestions

get a razor and cut yourself every time you get the urge to smoke. Eventually you will get tired of bleeding.