Anybody ever listen to illmatic and think damn this shyt is wack

Daps
i mean its only hyped up by Internet nerds but no one bumps that shyt it real life. Nothing stands out about that album like a reasonable doubt, not to mention its filled with basic ass rhymes (some that don't make sense) whereas reasonable doubt is filled with metaphors, double meanings, and just overall vibes better.

PIFF101

Bring back the Golden Era
Daps
Reppin
The Mecca of HipHop
i mean its only hyped up by Internet nerds but no one bumps that shyt it real life. Nothing stands out about that album like a reasonable doubt, not to mention its filled with basic ass rhymes (some that don't make sense) whereas reasonable doubt is filled with metaphors, double meanings, and just overall vibes better.

500x1000px-LL-1291cf59_2gufkv6.gif

Negged

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Never

But I have always wished I could listen to all these albums for the first time again and see what I thought without reading any best of lists, or hearing people talk about them and then see what i think is the best album

Daps
Continue to try to rewrite history bruh

:camby:

Rewrite history????) that wack shyt sold 59k albums the first week. nikka did ace hood numbers.

Wasn't nobody tryna hear him monkey flipem with the funky rhythm :mjlol:

nikka had to do a song with Lauryn hill for people to pay attention

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
Rewrite history????) that wack shyt sold 59k albums the first week. nikka did ace hood numbers.

Wasn't nobody tryna hear him monkey flipem with the funky rhythm :mjlol:

nikka had to do a song with Lauryn hill for people to pay attention
Ya wack ass thread bout to do ace hood numbers:lmaonas:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In 94, when it came out, I was playing Minor league baseball and I remember buying it and liking it a lot. One of my teammates, who was from Alabama also bought it because of the hype. He ended up giving me his cassette tape and asking me if he could listen to my MC eith and CMW "We Come Strapped " instead. LOL Don;t get me wrong, that was a dope album too. One that I love but it just told me that although Illmatic was classic and a masterpiece, It was not universal. LOL