Anybody ever listen to illmatic and think damn this shyt is wack

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Rewrite history????) that wack shyt sold 59k albums the first week. nikka did ace hood numbers.

Wasn't nobody tryna hear him monkey flipem with the funky rhythm :mjlol:

nikka had to do a song with Lauryn hill for people to pay attention
Reasonable doubt (the album you compared it to) did $43,000 first week with way more high profile features LOL!
Now do you see why that's a silly argument?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I was alive in 94 and that mediocre album did not got platinum until 10 years later.

:what:

Certification is when the label pays for it. Not when it ships that amount. If they pay for it years later that will be the date. On RIAA.com they got certifications going back to the 1950's....you really think they was tracking records in real time 30 years before the internet? :mjlol:

So no....we have no way of knowing when it shipped 1 mill or if it flopped. The only way we could say it flopped in 1994 is if you had Sound Scan from then. And nobody cared about tracking that in 1994....so....:yeshrug:

Fred.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't front, when I heard "Midnight Marauders" by Tribe I thought it was weak, :merchant:. If you don't like something then u don't like it, music is subjective, just because a large amount of people say an album is great doesnt mean it has to be to you. That said, u just want attention, you look corny