Anybody ever listen to illmatic and think damn this shyt is wack

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
i mean its only hyped up by Internet nerds but no one bumps that shyt it real life. Nothing stands out about that album like a reasonable doubt, not to mention its filled with basic ass rhymes (some that don't make sense) whereas reasonable doubt is filled with metaphors, double meanings, and just overall vibes better.

Are you under 30? I can forgive you if so.

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
so the documentary, rereleases and anniversary editions were made for 'internet nerds?' but if someone genuinely didnt like it i wouldnt mind. and enjoy reading their review.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
i mean its only hyped up by Internet nerds but no one bumps that shyt it real life. Nothing stands out about that album like a reasonable doubt, not to mention its filled with basic ass rhymes (some that don't make sense) whereas reasonable doubt is filled with metaphors, double meanings, and just overall vibes better.
Negged. One starred. Ignored.

Professor Polo

80s Baby
Daps
Rewrite history????) that wack shyt sold 59k albums the first week. nikka did ace hood numbers.

Wasn't nobody tryna hear him monkey flipem with the funky rhythm :mjlol:

nikka had to do a song with Lauryn hill for people to pay attention
Reasonable Doubt didn't go platinum till like 2001....chill bruh, you don't wanna go there..

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
TJSvM5Z.gif

lucky lefty

Most Annoying Jay Z (aka GOAT) Stan of All Time
Daps
Reppin
West Philly aka Illadelf aka Tha 215
Yep, but only 1x, cuz after listening to Anythingbutillmatic the initial time I relegated it to perma-trash bin status & never tortured my ears tryna run through it again
200w.gif

Prolly be a waste of time, but The GOAT our Flow Lord and Lyrical Savior Hova Da Gawd needs to give a lesson in how drop a classic to Lostradamus aka Diet Rakim Zero Lite aka Destiny's abortion sponsor aka Carmen's trick ass child support slave aka Kelis' anal rape alimony victim aka ELLen DeGenerous-with-allowing-L's-in-his-presence aka the Gordon Gecko of L's acquisitions aka c00nsir aka KoonRS-One aka the Last L'sbender aka the Duke of L'sington
200w.gif

shyt, Anythingbutillmatic is like his 6th best album
200w.gif