Anybody ever listen to illmatic and think damn this shyt is wack

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
i remember i had stillmatic before illmatic and used to read the source every every month but actually it was people like Jay-z :russ: who made me want to go get it. so i went out and got it and played it and was like :ehh: but then just tucked it away and continued just hiphoping then later on after another influx of illmatic praises i re-listened to it and soon as the intro hit i was like :ohhh: and i damned near overdosed when i got to 'memory lane' that LP is a true classic it would make everyone step up their pen game. i cant co-sign the OP at all, illmatic is concrete in rap music foundation and as far as new york i read even J.lo was spitting those verses bar for bar.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Illmatic is avg. Meant nothing when it dropped.
7 years to go plat for an album that had a few videos on tv,got 5 mics in the source,crowned the best lyricist. All that and still couldnt move units. Means it didnt affect the people

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
:francis: this what happens when contemporary hip hop is mostly wack, newcomers criticize ACTUAL CLASSIC and GAME CHANGING albums from the past........Edit: You been on here since 2012? Gotta be trolling

Get off this site OP, and take some free coding lessons somewhere... :martin:

Reasonable doubt (the album you compared it to) did $43,000 first week with way more high profile features LOL!
Now do you see why that's a silly argument?

Damn OP.....pickup that "L" from Sams Club

Last edited:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
In 94, when it came out, I was playing Minor league baseball and I remember buying it and liking it a lot. One of my teammates, who was from Alabama also bought it because of the hype. He ended up giving me his cassette tape and asking me if he could listen to my MC eith and CMW "We Come Strapped " instead. LOL Don;t get me wrong, that was a dope album too. One that I love but it just told me that although Illmatic was classic and a masterpiece, It was not universal. LOL
Your collection must've been ill.

"We Come Strapped" is one of my favorite albums of all-time.

"Somebody snitched.:francis:Aint that a bytch?:martin:
Muthafukkin 5-0 at my front doh':dame:"

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Yep, but only 1x, cuz after listening to Anythingbutillmatic the initial time I relegated it to perma-trash bin status & never tortured my ears tryna run through it again
200w.gif

Prolly be a waste of time, but The GOAT our Flow Lord and Lyrical Savior Hova Da Gawd needs to give a lesson in how drop a classic to Lostradamus aka Diet Rakim Zero Lite aka Destiny's abortion sponsor aka Carmen's trick ass child support slave aka Kelis' anal rape alimony victim aka ELLen DeGenerous-with-allowing-L's-in-his-presence aka the Gordon Gecko of L's acquisitions aka c00nsir aka KoonRS-One aka the Last L'sbender aka the Duke of L'sington
200w.gif

shyt, Anythingbutillmatic is like his 6th best album
200w.gif

This is hands down the WOAT alias on the forum at the moment