Anybody in the military ever get a DUI?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My little bro just got one acouple days ago on base after a night out in Seattle. (@Ed MOTHERfukkING why didn't you stop this in your neck of the woods:ufdup::lolbron:) He already talked to his Sergeant major. Chances he gets kicked out? It's his first offense with anything ever. Told his ass the second time won't be as pleasant.

Two of the best parts of the story. He just got soldier of the month and he got pulled over for driving to slow.:russ::mjlol::francis::why:

He won't get kicked out but what is his pay grade?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He won't be kicked out, he'll just get busted down(lose rank), lose some money and get some hoe-ass extra duty on a first offense. He won't be able to live that shyt down until he PCS's, tho.

That would be the answer but we don't know the particulars things like his mos and prior history comes into the process but based on my expirence.

E4-below- Reduction of 2 pay grades
SGT-SSG- Reduction of 1 pay grade, bad ncoer
SFC-SGM- general letter of reprimand, forced retirement/early separation (QMP), bad ncoer

Officers
WO1-CW5- general letter of reprimand, forced retirement
2LT-O6- loss of command if in that role, general letter of reprimand, negative oer

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
everyone i know in the military that has a DUI has gotten kicked out after about 2012 :yeshrug:

my pops got 2 and still retired honorable :mjlol:

Lmao different times...shyt I got in my trouble back in 02 and 04

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
everyone i know in the military that has a DUI has gotten kicked out after about 2012 :yeshrug:

Yea I joined in 09 and Navy was like this.

However, 2 people in my division got DUI's and they weren't kicked out. Navy-wise it's pretty much a guarantee that you can't re-enlist with a DUI on your record.

As for the OP's brother :patrice:

I mean unless the command has been getting shyt for having alot of DUI's(my ship had 40 in like 6 months so the CO was looking for one to make an example of).

Sounds like he'll just get knocked down rank,his military career might be over though after his 4 years though :patrice:

EARFQUAKE

šŸ„°
Supporter
Daps
Depends on his chain of command. I doubt he'll get chaptered out since he got Soldier of the Month, that indicates that he's a decent soldier. DUIs, generally, don't cause for chapters but the Army is downsizing and if they really wanted to they could put him out.
But again, I don't think so given his circumstances. If he was simply pulled over while under the influence then he should get standard penalties but not the boot.

Gilly

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
707 & 813
also i was referring to Air Force.. them nikkas looking for any and every reason to kick a non cac out

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I mean honestly its all circumstantial but Id honestly plan on lil bruh getting kicked the fukk out. The military is still in the middle of a reduction and give zero fukks about booting someone out, solider of the month or not. Its even worse if his base and god forbid his UNIT has racked up some DUIs cuz at that point the CC has to have a show of force to show he's not playing around.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I

my dad was a 20 year army guy and said at one point getting a DUI was like a badge of honor and like every SGM and 1SGT would have like 2

:lolbron:

Not no more. Things done changed :francis:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis

are you serious, i was just a bout to post that he cant get kicked out cuz people get dui's all the time, things done changed

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
happened to one of my friends who was in the af. Article 15 then dos rollback. They gave that nikka the boot with the quickness.

Daps
That would be the answer but we don't know the particulars things like his mos and prior history comes into the process but based on my expirence.

E4-below- Reduction of 2 pay grades
SGT-SSG- Reduction of 1 pay grade, bad ncoer
SFC-SGM- general letter of reprimand, forced retirement/early separation (QMP), bad ncoer

Officers
WO1-CW5- general letter of reprimand, forced retirement
2LT-O6- loss of command if in that role, general letter of reprimand, negative oer
In my unit, if you were an E-4, you were guaranteed to be an E-1 after a DUI.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
He's only a private maybe first class(only been in one year this month) and like I said he has a clean record in the civilian and military He has a lot of his Higher up ppl who apparently put in a good word over the last couple days. He's only 19. So hopefully they just think it's a dumb young one te thing.

My grandpa was telling me some of the stuff he saw us troops do Vietnam drug wise.:merchant:

MF budz

All Star
Daps
Depends on his chain of command. I doubt he'll get chaptered out since he got Soldier of the Month, that indicates that he's a decent soldier. DUIs, generally, don't cause for chapters but the Army is downsizing and if they really wanted to they could put him out.
But again, I don't think so given his circumstances. If he was simply pulled over while under the influence then he should get standard penalties but not the boot.
yeah he passed all the field tests, he just blew to many numbers. The mp's said he was respectful and all that shyt. Just took him back to him room and lectured him. I think the army may be more pissed at his roommate who is 21. They said he shouldn't have let my brother drink and drive. And that they are watching him too.