Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Article on the platform - http://www.blacknews.com/news/kweli...y-authentic-media-representation-matters-now/

Actual website - Welcome!

kweliTV shares the African Diaspora experience through undiscovered documentaries, films, web shows, children’s programming, news and more. Kweli means truth in Swahili so the mission is to curate content that is a true reflection of the black experience. Content on the platform comes from North America, Europe, Latin America, The Caribbean and Africa. Ninety-eight percent of films have been official selections at film festivals and more than 65% are award-winning. kweliTV is also providing a space for indie filmmakers of color across the globe to showcase their content once they have finished their film festival run. The 100% black-owned streaming service currently works with more than 110 filmmakers across the globe, half of which are women.

I'm gonna give this a shot. Nubian TV on the web. Netlfix for Nubians. They can get my $50/yr. It's less than Netflix anyway.

So has anyone already subscribed to this? Or heard anything about the content (good or bad)?

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Since a few people (including myself) were, well still are, disappointed that Oprah sold her majority stake in OWN, I'm hoping that people will support this new platform for black media. It's on the internet, so I can't say, "I don't have cable". (Which I don't)

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Bump.

Since everyone is talking about the Black Panther, black excellence, and getting more movies like this to the silver screen or just media in general.