Anybody think Kanye fell off after Late Registration?

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
I'm not saying Graduation is a bad album but compared to The College Dropout and Late Registration, is it just as great?
Think back to how great his Freshman Adjustment mixtape was
Remember how refreshing The College Dropout was when u 1st heard?
Or when he came right back the following year with Late Registration and beat the odds w/ a great 2nd album.
When u compare his early 2000's beats, mixtapes before College Dropout and his 1st 2 albums to his later music, do u feel like he fell off after the Late Registration album?

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Yupp I've been sayin this. Late Registration was the pinnacle. It's been a real slow dropoff after that though, it's not like he suddenly went straight to shyt.

Yeah and I meant to add what u said, it's been a slow fall off, not suddenly.
But when I go back and listen to The College Dropout and Late Registration more and more, it's more evident.
None of his albums post College Dropout and Lat Registration have the same quality of songs as tho albums do.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Thoughts from a :flabbynsick: nikka

Don’t know why you oldheads are so attached to Late Registration :childplease:

I'm attached to The College Dropout more so than Late Registration.
I've gone back and forth in the past with saying Late Registration was his best album but honestly, I think The College Dropout is his best.
Late Registration is a more polished version of College Dropout but the majority of the songs on The College Dropout are better than the songs on Late Registration.
With that said, Ye just had more to say on his 1st 2 albums.
The College Dropout is so soulful too; that album restored a soulful feeling back into Hip Hop too.

Last edited:

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
Yeah...

I can accept that 808s was influential but I don't personally listen to it

And that 2010 album -- I can't even remember the name off-hand now -- is insanely overrated. Then Twitter started giving him a pass every time he went on a dumb rant and now he's stopping shows to rant about JayZ and Tidal, smh

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Late Registration > Graduation > College Dropout

Graduation pretty much propelled Kanye from a hip hop superstar to an international icon so you gotta put respek on its name.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Late Registration > Graduation > College Dropout

Graduation pretty much propelled Kanye from a hip hop superstar to an international icon so you gotta put respek on its name.

None of the songs Graduation come close to being as great as the songs on The College Dropout as well as Late Registration.
Only song on The College Dropout that's weak is School Spirit.

Last edited:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's my personal favorite album of his, but he had some fire on MBDTF. it's really hard to say that he fell off.