Anybody think Kanye fell off after Late Registration?

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Workout plan
Breathe in breathe out
Get em high

I fukk with all them joints.
Damn, I just realized I mixed up School Spirit with Breathe In, Breathe Out. I meant to say Breathe In, Breathe Out is the weakest song.
School Spirit is good.
Get Em High; Common's verse on that bytch! :wow:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I’m in the camp that believes Kanye’s albums have gotten progressively worse his entire career. His first 3 albums go from classic to really good but after that, he’s been pretty much average to terrible. The only other highlight for me was the production on 808s & Heartbreaks but I don’t really care for him vocal performance on that album.

Daps
You can't fall off if you were always trash :yeshrug:

Edit: But to clarify about Ye's album quality, I would say that this is just a bit better than Graduation. A few of my favorite Ye songs come from graduation (Good morning, I Wonder, Flashing Lights, Can't Tell Me Nothing). I only really fw Heard em say, Diamonds from sierra leone (og) and Gone, but Graduation has two of the worst songs of all time :scust:(Barry bonds and Drunk + hot girls)

Last edited:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
To tell you the truth, I prefer Graduation to College Dropout. In late 2016/early last year, I was listening to it almost all the time. That album was full of bangers with a unique sound, and it was shorter than his previous albums which made it flow nicer and force out the filler tracks (except for "Drunk and Hot Girls," which had no business being there).

So no, I can't say that Kanye fell off with this album. Like another poster said, this was the album that took his status to another level and cemented his spot in the rap game.

I mean, it's not like he started singing with Auto-Tune and using 808s on Graduation. :lolbron:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I fukk with all them joints.
Damn, I just realized I mixed up School Spirit with Breathe In, Breathe Out. I meant to say Breathe In, Breathe Out is the weakest song.
School Spirit is good.
Get Em High; Common's verse on that bytch! :wow:
Common killed it tho (was he dissing Lil Jon? seems like it)
Real rap is hard to find like a remote control... Trapped inside of

That's killing it? :picard:

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
To tell you the truth, I prefer Graduation to College Dropout. In late 2016/early last year, I was listening to it almost all the time. That album was full of bangers with a unique sound, and it was shorter than his previous albums which made it flow nicer and force out the filler tracks (except for "Drunk and Hot Girls," which had no business being there).

So no, I can't say that Kanye fell off with this album. Like another poster said, this was the album that took his status to another level and cemented his spot in the rap game.

I mean, it's not like he started singing with Auto-Tune and using 808s on Graduation. :lolbron:

For the most part, there are far more well written and produced songs on The College Dropout and Late Registration.
But I can see how the skits can be annoying on The College Dropout.

Real rap is hard to find like a remote control... Trapped inside of

That's killing it? :picard:

U taking a line out of context of a whole verse and trying to make it looking bad. lmao
Why not post the whole verse?
That verse was viewed as a "comeback" for Common and had nikkas anticipating his next album since most thought he fell off after Electric Circus.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
For the most part, there are far more well written and produced songs on The College Dropout and Late Registration.
But I can see how the skits can be annoying on The College Dropout.

I would have to listen to College Dropout again. With Late Registration and Graduation, I loved them from the moment I first heard them. College Dropout was just decent, and I can't explain it that well, but some of the songs sounded overplayed to me, like I had heard them way too many times before. But "Jesus Walks," "Slow Jamz," and "All Falls Down" were highlights. I like the beat to "Breathe In, Breathe Out" too. :yeshrug:

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Or some of us are youngins who appreciate good music regardless of the year it was released

You aint gotta tell me this :comeon:

I’m just joking with OP.

Tell this to the nostalgic oldheads who only appreciate shyt that came out in their era.

I’m prolly younger than you and my favourite albums over several decades and genres.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
I would have to listen to College Dropout again. With Late Registration and Graduation, I loved them from the moment I first heard them. College Dropout was just decent, and I can't explain it that well, but some of the songs sounded overplayed to me, like I had heard them way too many times before. But "Jesus Walks," "Slow Jamz," and "All Falls Down" were highlights. I like the beat to "Breathe In, Breathe Out" too. :yeshrug:

See, I was hype for The College Dropout.
I remember when he was putting his mixtapes out before the album and while his rhymes have never been great, he found a good balance between substance/humor.
Plus, his beats was cool.
When The College Dropout came out, I loved that joint. I loved it so much that when Late Registration came out the next year, I slept on it a bit.
I liked it, but I was still hooked on The College Dropout.
It was years later when I really saw the genius in Late Registration.
But the songs on The College Dropout were so strong and great. Ye had a lot to say in between some humor here and there.
But I hear u.
I think for some people, The College Dropout has this demo like feel to it and since that album, Kanye has added more layers to his producer w/ other producers help
So some people now listen to The College Dropout and it almost sounds too "demo like" to em'.
But I like it cause the songs were strong and it does have that "I made this in my bedroom studio feel to it/while digging through my parents vinyl feel"
Plus again, the songs were strong. Ye actually had some stuff to say when he won't trying to be funny with a line or 2.