Anyone bet on Golf here?

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I can't lie I never took too much interest in golf. Bet on Tiger a few times couple years ago and watched it to follow my bets. Got a bit clued up on more players and won backing Koepka a couple times. Gave up on Tiger just before his Masters win and felt sick. :mjcry:

Got back into it the past year and had some nice wins

Phil Mickelson at 250/1 at the PGA championship
Kevin Kisner 66/1 at some European tour event
Xander Schauffele at the Olympics about 18/1
Sam Burns couple weeks ago at the Shriners Hospital Open 18/1
Bronte Law 33/1 today in the Ladies European Tour

Had some decent inplay wins too like Rory Mccllroy last week at the CJ Cup at 30/1
Patrick Cantlay at the BMW Championship in the Fedex Cup playoffs, kept backing him in the playoff with Dechambeau when Dechambeau kept leaving himself 3 foot putts and missing :jawalrus: got him at 8/1, 4/1 and 3/1:pachaha:
Had quite a few more too, obviously loads of terrible bets and missed out on some I knew I should have backed along with some near missed and nice each way returns.
Golf is great for betting never known a sport where the odds can swing so much.

Anyone else beg on golf? I'm sure I'm just having beginners luck as I still know very little about the sport so any advice is welcome or even stories of big wins.

I can't imagine what it was like for people backing Tiger at even odds or less back in the 2000's :deadmanny:

There are so many contenders each week now tho so odds are usually really good.

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Bets for this week

Put on a few more than usual after winner last week and lack of action last week so not advising anyone to follow all bets. Got bored after writing a few explanations so if anyone wants to know the reasons for the others let me know. All bets are 1 unit other than Each Way bets which are 0.5 Units each way

World Wide Technology Championship - PGA

Abraham Ancer +1800 or 18/1
(Dropped from +2500 or 25/1 earlier in the week, I thought he might drop but not by that much)
Will have hometown advantage and is one of the best players in the field. One of the best performers over the last 3 years at this course.

Billy Horschel +3300 (33/1) Odds up slightly from the +3000 I got the other day. Playing great lately and won a huge Euro tour event after being upset at being left out the Ryder Cup team. Has the best combined score over the past 3 years at this course at around 40 under par.

Brooks Koepka +3300 (33/1)

Not in great form but on his day the best player in the field other than maybe Justin Thomas. Had a grudge charity match with Bryson Dechambeau later this month and possibly could be picking up his game for that. Despite the happy celebrations after the Ryder Cup we all know he hates Bryson :russ:

eye-roll-eye-rolling.gif

Possible inplay bets

Justin Thomas and Victor Hovland. Like these guys but odds are both a bit too short +1400 and +2000. Odds crept up a bit today so hopefully they go up a bit more if not might wait and see if they have a slow start and back them then. JT I mentioned in the reasons for Koepka and he has a really good record October to Jan and all his PGA tour wins have come outside of USA. Hovland is the defending champ and is a young kid who just keeps getting better. Wouldn't be shocked if he won a major soon.

Each Way bets and longshots

Francesco Molinari - +20000 (200/1)

Guido Migliozi - +14000 (140/1)

Matt Kuchar - +10000 (100/1)

Harold Varner III - +6600 (66/1)

Carlos Ortiz - +6600 (66/1)

First Round Leader Bets 0.5 Units

Chez Reavie +5500
Russell Knox +6000
Graeme McDowell +9000
Brice Garnett +8000
Justin Thomas +2200 1 Unit
Victor Hovland +3000 1 Unit
Harold Varner III +6000 0.5 Units Each Way

Portugal Masters - European Tour

Min Woo Lee +2500 (25/1) Probably the best player in the field other than maybe Matt Wallace. 23 year old and very talented with a few wins already on the Euro tour. Ranked 58th in the world highest in the field. Can see him being a big star on the PGA tour soon. Sometimes he can losr his cool a little which is frustrating. He came second two weeks back and lost his cool on the last round and missed a couple putts from a few feet away, you could see him getting visibly more frustrated with himself with each miss :wow: hopefully he's learned from that.

Saudi Ladies International - LPGA

Georgia Hall +1400

Emily Pederson +2200

Bronte Law +2200

Like the faves Minjee Lee and Ko but prices are too short

Challenge Tour Final -

I took Wilco Neinaber here at +1600 (16/1) just out of interest. He's the best golfer in the field by far but I know little about the rest so wouldn't advise a bet here. The odds have shortened since to +1200

20 bets is a lot I'm probably gonna give back most of last weeks winnings here If anyone is following just use small stakes you can afford to lose or if you just want to follow my favourite bets they are the ones with a explanation next to them other than Neinaber.

Also backed a double of Minwoo Lee and his sister Min Jee Lee in the Ladies Saudi International at +15000

Probably won't back anymore this weekend unless any first round leader bets win but just hope to have a few in contention Sunday :lupe:

Good luck if anyone follows or has any bets of their own

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Still got a few in this. Added JT earlier at +2800 but he was +9000 at times yesterday. Ortiz is just 3 back and looking good.

Need a big day tomorrow from Minwoo and huge day from the ladies but still got a chance in every tournament with 36 holes left to play.

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Still got a few in this. Added JT earlier at +2800 but he was +9000 at times yesterday. Ortiz is just 3 back and looking good.

Need a big day tomorrow from Minwoo and huge day from the ladies but still got a chance in every tournament with 36 holes left to play.

Heartbreak T2 and T3 for Ortiz and Justin Thomas. Ortiz started slow and just couldn't catch Hovland who played amazing. JT who I added came third, was a toss up between JT and Hovland and I picked wrong. Hovland had his driver shattered just before the tournament started by Danny Lee and had to get a replacement which wasn't the exact same so figured he might strugggle but he said it has actually helped him :deadmanny:

Will get place money for Ortiz and best in all others was T8.

Houston Open next week and should be a strong field. Ortiz is the defending champ :lupe: might have to give him another chance. If he started a little quicker or Hovland wasn't playing like prime Tiger he would have won. Hovland is a deserving winner though and at 24 he'll win a lot more than the current 3 he has.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Houston Open next week and should be a strong field. Ortiz is the defending champ :lupe: might have to give him another chance. If he started a little quicker or Hovland wasn't playing like prime Tiger he would have won.

Ortiz has withdrawn due to a bad back. Said he picked it up at the Zozo championship 3 weeks back :francis: I wonder if he'd have won last week without it. Also forgot to add thr JT bet I backed late so it was -12 units lost for last week.

Bets will be up a little later. Nothing for the Saudi event on the Ladies European tour. Expect Thitikul to win at a short price she destroyed this course last week well ahead of 3rd place and Lydia Ko is not here this week. If she gets any longer than +400 I will back her and update here. Georgia Hall is currently leading and not surprised after how strong she finished last week here. Should have backed her for First round Leader but easy to say now. Keeping an eye on Charley Hull too, she was sick and couldn't play last week but was in good form prior. Currently +1 through 7 so may not be back to 100%.

Pelican Women's Championship

Nelly Korda +900

Danielle Kang +1800

Both great prices I don't see increasing. Might add some more later after some more research

HOUSTON OPEN

Cam Smith +2500
Adam Scott +3000
Patrick Reed +4500

Will add some more possibly and the reasons for selections later. Debating backing Koepka again as he was terrible last week. Can just see him winning when I decide to stop backing him tho :mjcry:

Will have a selection or two for the AVIV Dubai Championship on the newly named DP World Tour (formerly European Tour).

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

What a shot from Charley Hull just as I was typjng about her. She then missed birdie putt tho :francis:. Thitikul just missed a nice eagle chance too. Hopefully she has a slow day and I might back her later.

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Backed Charley Hull +2000 in the Aramco Team Series. She's playing really well and obviously over her illness. Has a great record in these Saudi Sponsored events and whenever she comes back to the Ladies European Tour. Thitikul is obviously the huge threat and is -4 under now. She is top of the season rankings though and can't be caught so maybe won't be as motivated. I'm not gonna go big against her anyway. Ciganda played really well last week too and is another threat.

Also backed Chiara Noja each way 5 places at +50000. She's only 15 but is well rated and playing really well here. She is currently -3 and finished for the day. Teenagers winning on the tour is not uncommon (Thitikul is 18 and Lydia Ko won at 14 I think) just placing her would be amazing.

1 Unit on Charley Hull and 0.5 units each way on Chiara Noja

Chiara could follow this up tomorrow and do well or shoot +8 :lolbron:. No cut in this event and only 3 days long she has a chance at this point still.

Last edited:

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Afternoon groups haven't really pushed on. -7 is still the leading score with Georgia hall and Cowan tied. Titikul is 3 back with 2 to play and has moved into fave at just +200.

Charley Hull has played well just her putting has let her down. She's got to -1 so still in it but a bit disappointing after how many great shots on the green she's played.

Chiara Noja's odds have halved now and they're only offering 4 places. At 4 back she is definitely in it but still a really long shot.

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Fell asleep and forgot to add picks for the AVIV Dubai Championship that started a few hours ago.

Min Woo Lee - +2800 (He's now +800)
Matt Wallace - +2800

Like a few others too but will wait and back inplay. Was hoping Tommy Fleetwood got off to a slow start but he's started hot and tied fave with Min Woo.

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Also in Houston Open

Broooks Koepka - +3000

First Round Leader - 0.5 Units

Cameron Smith - +3000
Harold Varner III - +5000

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Fell asleep and forgot to add picks for the AVIV Dubai Championship that started a few hours ago.

Matt Wallace - +2800

Like a few others too but will wait and back inplay. Was hoping Tommy Fleetwood got off to a slow start but he's started hot and tied fave with Min Woo.
Min Woo +2800 again after making a double bogey:francis:

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Matt Wallace - +2800

Added Martin Kaymer +3300 1 unit

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Matt Wallace - +2800

Wallace is playing terrible. I held off on backing him last week and he didn't play well then either. After his performance at the ZOZO I thought he was back :beli:

Charley Hull had a much better day and ia just 3 back going into final day. Thitikul is tied for the lead so may be hard to catch. If Hull's putter was working yesterday she'd be in the lead.