Anyone bet on Golf here?

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's Tiger's Hero World Challenge tournament next week. After seeing him swinging a golf club again it's gonna be exciting to see if we see him make an appearance. Short field of just 40 competitors so no cut and a really top field. Only really Patrick Cantlay,Hideki Matsuyama and Jon Rahm missing from the top players in the world. Will start research tomorrow and selections will be up early in the week.

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Won money every time Speith won a major

Koepka, Morikawa and Thomas you cant go wrong
Speith looking back to his best this past year. Wouldn't be shocked to see him win another major next year.

Morikawa might turn into a monster. Gonna get a lot of Tiger comparisons even though we'll never see another Tiger.

Koepka I'm learning to only back in majors but when he can be bothered is a different class.

JT is great but doesn't seem he's at his best at the minute. Interesting to see how he fares with Bones as his new caddy. With golf betting sometimes you just have to ignore recent form though.

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Tiger's Hero World Challenge

Patrick Reed +2500 1 Unit

I backed this last night at +3500 after debating and seeing him fall from +4000. He's dropped again so I'll go with his current price. Posting now in case he drops any further, +2500 is probably a fair price but i wouldn't back any lower than +2000. More to come soon.

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Tiger Woods got a press conference coming up. Said he hopes to return but won't be playing full time on the tour anymore

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Tiger's Hero World Challenge

Patrick Reed +2500 1 Unit

I backed this last night at +3500 after debating and seeing him fall from +4000. He's dropped again so I'll go with his current price. Posting now in case he drops any further, +2500 is probably a fair price but i wouldn't back any lower than +2000. More to come soon.

Henrik Stenson - +6600 0.5 Units Each Way Is the defending champion and getting 4 places on a 20 man event is well worth a shot for someone who can handle the course well.

Justin Thomas +1100 1 Unit Win
I mentioned previously that JT likes to win this time of year and all his wins have come overseas (Bahamas this week). Will be hyped for Tiger's event and a few players in the field haven't played as much recently.

Might have a look at the South African Open tomorrow and any other bets as this might be the last time I put anything up. Will have to see, no real golf until next year and right now that seems a long time away.

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Patrick Reed still +2200 is two shots back and JT now +650 is one shot back of the three leaders after a double bogey on 18. Rory Mcllroy(fave at the start now +300 fave) Abe Ancer (now +1000) and Daniel Berger (+800 was +1400 at start) lead at -6. 3 days left so a lot can change still. Stenson is on even par but could still grab a place. Koepka (now +1000 from +2200) continued his form from The Match V last week and is one shot back too. Collin Morikawa is only 2 shots back and +900. He has extra motivation as he can move to number 1 in the world with a win here.

Thinking of backing Morikawa, Koepka, Bryson Dechambeau +1600 (3 shots back and was playing well until taking a splash. Course has 5 Par 5's he can take advantage of as the longest driver on tour, was worried about backing him as he was poor last week but played better yesterday). Xander Shauffele 4 shots back and +3500. Also Justin Rose who is 5 shots back and +10000. He used to live oit here and knows the course really well. Needs the OWGR points to so has the motivation to go out and shoot something low.

Haven't backed anything else this weekend so don't mind having another play or two but can't back them all :pachaha:

Will update later if I decide to add anyone. JT and Reed are both looking good though.

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Patrick Reed still +2200 is two shots back and JT now +650 is one shot back of the three leaders after a double bogey on 18. Rory Mcllroy(fave at the start now +300 fave) Abe Ancer (now +1000) and Daniel Berger (+800 was +1400 at start) lead at -6. 3 days left so a lot can change still. Stenson is on even par but could still grab a place. Koepka (now +1000 from +2200) continued his form from The Match V last week and is one shot back too. Collin Morikawa is only 2 shots back and +900. He has extra motivation as he can move to number 1 in the world with a win here.

Thinking of backing Morikawa, Koepka, Bryson Dechambeau +1600 (3 shots back and was playing well until taking a splash. Course has 5 Par 5's he can take advantage of as the longest driver on tour, was worried about backing him as he was poor last week but played better yesterday). Xander Shauffele 4 shots back and +3500. Also Justin Rose who is 5 shots back and +10000. He used to live oit here and knows the course really well. Needs the OWGR points to so has the motivation to go out and shoot something low.

Haven't backed anything else this weekend so don't mind having another play or two but can't back them all :pachaha:

Will update later if I decide to add anyone. JT and Reed are both looking good though.

I've backed these 3 too. 1.5 units on Collin, 1 unit on Bryson Dechambeau and 0.5 units each way on Justin Rose.

Backed over 1/4 of the field:jbhmm: here :pachaha: so would be very disappointed not to have some interest left on Sunday. Anyone in the field is capable of winning still even Harris English who is 3 over par but I'm most worried about Rory Mcllroy. He's gonna have a big year next year.

Current odds of Tiger Woods winning The Masters +3500 :martin: . From the way he's talking he won't be back until The Open at St Andrews in Scotland. I wouldn't take the +900 on him to win any major next year either. I wouldn't count him out and will probably back him when he returns but better prices should become available.

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've backed these 3 too. 1.5 units on Collin, 1 unit on Bryson Dechambeau and 0.5 units each way on Justin Rose.

Bryson had a great day yesterday shooting-8 to lead after the 2nd round. Morikawa is one shot behind and Reed is just 4 shots back with 2 rounds left to play. Gonna need big days from everyone else to stand a chance which they are all more than capable of. A bit shocked to see JT fall back so much he is currently 6 shots back after leading early on. Could have a possible final round pairing of Bryson and Brooks which could give us an 18 round rematch to The Match which Brooks won last week. While it would be fun to see we don't want that to happen, we want Bryson focused completely on winning. Just over 3 hours until round 3 starts.

I've backed a double 3rd round 2 ball taking Fitzpatrick over Stenson and Justin Rose over Harris English +200 2 Units

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've backed a double 3rd round 2 ball taking Fitzpatrick over Stenson and Justin Rose over Harris English +200 2 Units

Harris English matched the course record and shot 8 under to ruin this :francis:. He was 1 over after two days goung into yesterday. I did say anyone was capable of shooting a low score like that in this field.

Collin Morikawa is 5 shots clear right now. If there's anything anyone takes from this thread (other than practice responsible gambling :birdman:) then it should be to back this kid. He's the next huge star in golf and will win more majors. He's still +1800 for most of the majors next year and that will change soon. He's gonna be compared to Tiger but Tiger is a one off. Morikawa will be winning for a long time to come though. He's so cool and calm under pressure nothing fazes him. Putting isn't the best but when it matters he makes the pressure putts. Possibly the best active iron player on the planet. I can't speak highly enough of him and Tiger couldn't last night either.

If he holds out and wins he will become number 1 in the world. Only Tiger has achieved this feat in fewer starts. Jon Rahm will return to number 1 next week because of how the rankings system works but Collin will reclaim it again next year at some point:youngsabo:.

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:mjcry: he choked. Wow still can't believe it. Didn't catch the front 9 but somehow he was 5 over by the point I could watch. Patrick Reed was in the hunt to capitalize but Viktor Hovland went eagle eagle birdie to pull away. Morikawa is human and I was right to downplay the Tiger comparisons. He'll be back though. Today shows it's never over until it's over. This is the end for me though. Hopefully someone can make sense of my ramblings and take something from this thread for next year. Good luck with your bets brehs.

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sentry Tournament of Champions

We get back under this year with The Sentry TOC. All the winners from last season head to Kapalua in Hawaii. This is a long par 73 course with plenty par 5s and just a few par 3s. Very wide fairways (double the average width on tour) and some tricky greens. Justin Thomas and Jordan Speith generally perform pretty well here. A star studded field as you'd imagine due to the invite system. Will add bets a bit later but already backed Collin Morikawa +1200 1.5 units. Not much explanation needed. The kid is the truth. Again can go to world number one with just a third place finish if he does better than Jon Rahm who is back in action. Expecting this to be a birdie fest with the winning score 20+ under. A lot of players haven't played any golf for months so tough know what their performance levels are like. I think there's a few driveable par 4s which makes me lean towards the longer hitters (Bryson, Rahm, Hovland) especially with the fairways ao wide. Not gonna go with Rahm though as he hasn't been practicing as he's been spending time with his newborn baby. Will post a couple more after more reseach.

Goodbye World

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Jordan Speith +2200 1 unit win

Kevin Na +6600 0.5 units each way

Bryson Dechambeau +1200 1 unit win

Patrick Cantlay +1400 1 unit win

Cam Smith +2200 1 unit win

Speith has a great record here. Hasn't been bothered by new baby and should be motivated after missing this event past 3 years.

Kevin Na is a good guy to back in what could turn into a putting contest. Seems way too high at +6600.

Bryson mentioned before. He will have plenty eagle oppurtunities and finished 7th here last year. Bryson hasn't played much lately but has been training non stop.

Patrick Cantlay is another guy you want in a putting contest. Has no problem shooting really low numbers and will have kept his focus over the holidays.

Biggest dangers are Hovland and JT. Both too short for me to back. Hovland has had his driver destroyed travelling but last time we avoided backing him because of that he won :francis:. Xander Schauffelle is a worry too as he excells in these no cut events. Sungae Im can shoot low when needed too and wouldn't talk anyone out of backing him. Most of the field have a chance since they're all winners from last year so let's hope we get lucky.