Anyone else 30+ yrs old that is "stuck" on their era of music?

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I really would hate to be you nikkas. How could you live life like that? Just listening to either only one genre of music, or just listening to a single era of music. shyt just sounds awful.

How can people be so close-minded?

Edit: I had a barbershop convo with an old head who bigged up 80's and 90's rap while simultaneously sitting on the current era. 10 minutes later, he admitted that he hadn't even heard many songs from any of the conscious rappers of this era, even though he dissed them earlier.

Last edited:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
The most important music in a person's life is usually music they heard when they were in their late teens to early 20s. High school, college, post college. That's the period where most people experience things that change them: friends, love (or infatuation), sex, heart break, parties, adventures. And the music you listen becomes connected to those events. This doesn't mean you never fukk with new music after you hit 25, but there's just a difference in what you grew up with and what you're growing with now.

this is not true for people who believe in objectivity.

i was in 11th grade when the monopolies that killed hip-hop & music in general, began to take shape.