Are men naturally dismissive of each other?

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
I'm not gonna delve into the psyche of black men. Just change your friends or don't have any. I'm in my 30's I'm not gonna associate myself with people who brush off shyt I'm goin thru, especially since I don't bring up problems in convos unless it's something serious
I'm not singling you out breh I just want to illustrate a point.

The bolded is where a lot of the problems lie.

(These are just examples breh I'm not trying to tie no bad juju to your soul breh:whoa:)

As black men we tend to internalize the small stuff. The funky look the Arab dude at the gas station gave you. A bill being 1 or 2 days past due. Your girl might say something that makes you a little insecure but you don't trip off of it.

But then that little shyt snowballs.

And now your boss at your job makes a racist comment and you ready to box his ass. Bills are 10-14 days behind...shyt might get cut off. Now everything your lady says is suspicious.

So when you come to your brehs about it...its jarring, shocking, crazy.

It goes from..."I'm straight bro, its all good over here!" To "Bro I got fired, my lights got cut off, my wife talmbout leaving." No in between cus you held on to all of it.

But because you never talked about none of it, your brehs are much less likely to be supportive cus it just came from nowhere.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
You all know me. I am the Grendel, I am your brother. I promote brotherhood.

I was reading through two thread threads here.

"She just took my shyt. She molested me." Friends proceed to LOL.

Can regular dudes still win in 2017?

And I see a lot of non brotherly (And I don't mean a$$hole older brother, I mean real brotherly behavior. ) going on. What gives. Why do we as men naturally seem to dismiss each other's experience. Like "If it ain't happen to me it ain't real."

what gives?

*reads OP*

*completely dismisses it!*

source.gif

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I don't think men are naturally "dismissive" of each other, per se...

I think it has more to do with that idea that men are conditioned that we have to just deal with all the bullchit that comes with life
so there is no use in dwelling on it too much...especially in the context of the two threads mentioned in the first post.

Last edited:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
It also directly correlates to the number of lonely and detached brehs who aren't as successful as they want to be, and because they were raised as lone wolves, they see the issue as internal, with themselves.
:dwillhuh:i think you just described me

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
This is exactly what I mean. You kinda said it in a more harsh way but it's not untrue.

But my mama raised me to beware smiling faces. She taught me that every time my ears itch its somebody talking sideways about me.

And the fukked up part is...a lot of the times, she was RIGHT! You will run into way more brehs that want to rob you (not literally but would take you for all you have if they could) than ones that want to get rich and split it 50/50 with you.

But the community is so fukked up we spend our whole lives giving other brehs the :mjpls: because we're afraid they'll try to take what little we have.

Like I said...sad.
The people who are trying to rob or commit crime on us will always look like us. White on white crime, Hispanic on Hispanic crime, Asian on Asian crime. We usually live around people who look like us, so those paranoid statement about a black dude getting us, arent special, but we as a people make them out to be special because white people talk about black on black crime constantly.

nikkahs listen to white people, then start regurgitating that nonsense like it's their own observations. This is why we can't work correctly with each other as men. Asians rob each other all the time, from fukking sun down to sun up, but will still work together.

White people created the European Union as a solution to somehow stop robbing each other, because they couldn't live next to each other without world wars breaking out every 5 to 10 years.

Black men ( I agree with what you said breh) need to stop making excuses and start working together

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
:francis: I dont think so... i would take Coli comments with a grain of salt. Half of the dismissive comments and thoughts in these threads would not be uttered or had if there was a dude talking about this to them in person.

A lot of Coli brehs just talk tough nd crazy for attention or to get reactions on here. Or to maintain whatever fantasy persona theyve created on the internet. PLUS as a poster said above, women are reading these threads too... some men will exaggerate the whole "alpha" thing cuz they dont wanna look weak by affiliation or something... on some rep the male race type stuff.

"Hes not like the rest of us.. see? Im not weak like him:whoa: look at how strong i am, im dismissing him"