Are men naturally dismissive of each other?

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Yes. We are more competitive with each other so when our peers are presented with difficulties, we treat it as a sign of weakness and of our superiority.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Admittedly I am. I'm dismissive of most people though. My family isn't really affectionate with each other and we don't really discuss personal things, at least I don't. So I guess it carries over

Solo ✧✦✧

King of the eXoticals. "FIRsT and LAst wARNiNg"
Daps
For the most part yeah. I see it as a sign of immaturity. I think that mostly every adult has gone through problems in life and had moments where they're down about life. People should be able to go through tough times and feel down without feeling like they're weak. We have our strong points and our weak points in life.

I'm not the emotional type that wants to be coddled by women or talk to people about my problems but I also don't believe in allowing only women to have an outlet. We're all human. I don't get the idea of fronting for online and trying to impress women constantly even on a forum. Which women are people even worried about impressing? Unless someone is that desperate to travel and get p*ssy from a female poster that's impressed by their online persona I don't understand the point.

Daps
For the most part yeah. I see it as a sign of immaturity. I think that mostly every adult has gone through problems in life and had moments where they're down about life. People should be able to go through tough times and feel down without feeling like they're weak. We have our strong points and our weak points in life.

I'm not the emotional type that wants to be coddled by women or talk to people about my problems but I also don't believe in allowing only women to have an outlet. We're all human. I don't get the idea of fronting for online and trying to impress women constantly even on a forum. Which women are people even worried about impressing? Unless someone is that desperate to travel and get p*ssy from a female poster that's impressed by their online persona I don't understand the point.
I have no desperate desire to meet any brehettes here:dame: so

I'm not fronting

I roast myself on not getting p*ssy:hubie: and say all kinds of shyt I wouldn't say in real life

but I refuse to bow to that soft shyt

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A man's weakness among men is generally seen as something to be exploited. Even if the only gain is a better self perception. Whats worse many of the people who ask others to reveal their demons will be the first to start leveraging them against you. As a male you have to understand that nobody will care for, act on or acknowledge your feelings besides yourself.

Confess your sins and be labeled by them forever
Discuss something in confidence and watch your secret pass the lips of everyone in the vicinity
Confess something embarrassing to your girl and she'll put on an understand face yet attack you with it the next time you make her angry.

It's basically unique to dudes that most of their tribulations will be met with one of the following actions

- Mock
- Exploit
- Dismiss

Bonus: "Wow" and fake sympathy. At least the person who says this likes you enough to pretend to care tho.

If you're talking about your life problems with someone who isn't a great friend or a therapist prepare yourself for one of the above.

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
:dwillhuh:i think you just described me
I lived it. I know what its like to be stuck in college not making shyt, not really studying hard enough to graduate, and not having any sort of reference as to where you should be in life.

I was surrounded by broke college kids yeah...but fukk that. It had to be something I was doing wrong if I couldn't make it.

In reality it was my mindset. I was trying to outgrow my situation instead of trying to thrive in it.

We usually live around people who look like us, so those paranoid statement about a black dude getting us, arent special, but we as a people make them out to be special because white people talk about black on black crime constantly.

Black men ( I agree with what you said breh) need to stop making excuses and start working together
You know what, you're absolutely correct. But...and this may draw some "c00n" comments or whatever, idgaf, but I just don't know how to do that breh.

I was raised in a bad neighborhood. On several occasions we came outside to the car window being busted out or came home to boot prints on the front door that was left wide open.

Three seperate times somebody tried to get into our house with us in it. Like car in the driveway, lights in the house on, and nikkas was STILL trying to kick the door in.

I've been robbed at gunpoint, had somebody snatch groceries from my mama on the way to the car, and had to attend a friend's funeral at age 14 because he fought back against somebody who tried to take his jacket and shoes and they stabbed him. He put a band aid on it, and passed out in his bed and bled to death waiting for his mama to get off of work.

Now I'm not saying I blame any of that on black people as a whole. Not at all.

But sometimes people, black, white, Hispanic, green/purple/red, give me bad vibes and I steer clear of them.

I often get accused of being bourgeois by my family that still lives in the hood, cus I won't get random dudes hired at my job, or let family stay with me.

But its hard to bury all the bullshyt we went through and give out chances.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Because we were raised that way. Regardless of if you had 2 parents or one, what did you hear growing up?

"If your friends jump off a bridge, are you gonna do it to?"

I (and every other black breh I know) was taught to look after me first. Because our parents saw so many of their peers fall to gangs and drugs and just get swept up in life in general trying to follow people (Ima early 90's baby. My parents early 70's babies. They saw some shyt) that they figured it was best for their kids to walk through life solo, away from bad influences.

So what happened is now you have an entire generation of 18-30 year old men who were raised with the mind "as long as I'm good...I'm good."

Which isn't an awful way to live.

It just manifests itself as trivializing the struggles of others sometimes.

It also directly correlates to the number of lonely and detached brehs who aren't as successful as they want to be, and because they were raised as lone wolves, they see the issue as internal, with themselves.

When really the world ain't meant for everybody to be on top.

But when you don't have a real connection with your peers your expectations end up all fukked up.

Sad but...fukk it. Make your money. That usually fixes most of it.
I was born in 84... wasn't raised like that.
Y'all are not brehs, don't call yourselves that again. It's not your fault but wow

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
I was born in 84... wasn't raised like that.
Y'all are not brehs, don't call yourselves that again. It's not your fault but wow
Not sure what this means.

Your parents didn't teach you not to be a follower?
"he put a band aid on it and bled to death"

:duck:
That's what his mama told my mama. He was amped up off the adrenaline and fought the dude off. Called some of our friends to walk him home. He went in the bathroom, tried to rinse it out, put one of those big patch band aids on, and called his mama and told her what happened. She told him to stay in the house and they would go to the doctor when she got off. He went to sleep. Last thing he ever did.

silk scarfs

Banned
Daps
Not sure what this means.

Your parents didn't teach you not to be a follower?

That's what his mama told my mama. He was amped up off the adrenaline and fought the dude off. Called some of our friends to walk him home. He went in the bathroom, tried to rinse it out, put one of those big patch band aids on, and called his mama and told her what happened. She told him to stay in the house and they would go to the doctor when she got off. He went to sleep. Last thing he ever did.
Dam bruh where you grew up?

I can relate cuz in the hood we don't believe in hospital or doctors

I've been jumped and got up and brushed it off looking back I should've went to the doctor cuz my teeth got messed up

nikkas get hit in the head mad times and go home and try to sleep it off

But nobody inoe have been stabbed besides my uncle nikkas put a shotgun to his head and started stabing him and told him if he move that they was guna blow his head off
But that's cuz my uncle like to stay in beef and play with guns

Vilify

Superstar
Daps
Most black men feel they're too cool to have feelings or show concern.

Even minor stuff like someone falling down a flight of stairs. Most normal people are like OMG are you okay :picard:

The average Black man is busy laughing :russ: and pointing like damn homie just bust his ass.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Most black men feel they're too cool to have feelings or show concern.

Even minor stuff like someone falling down a flight of stairs. Most normal people are like OMG are you okay :picard:

The average Black man is busy laughing :russ: and pointing like damn homie just bust his ass.
has this helped us in any way?