Are The Days Of The 3 Verse Format Dead?

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
TBH, it was dying in 2010 and died out totally by 2015. That was the reason why Rick Ross songs were streamed less and people didn't look forward to his later projects because attention spans gotten shorter and shorter.

Most artist during the blog era either had “in and outs” or just two verses. Curren$y was the leader of this.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Feel like Famous Dex is the first person i remember doing this current 2:15 and under stuff. His stuff is often 2 extended hooks and a verse that almost blends in with the hook as well. A lot of current cloud rap (or whatever style that branched off from that) is that way. Dex, Tony Shhnow, Diego Money, and various affiliates of there’s are basically two hooks and 1 verse

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I still think the best albums for the most part follow the multiple verse / hook blueprint. Every song doesn’t need a hook or 3 verses but I think whole full albums of no hooks or drum less loops / one verse are extremely boring and the replay value is just not there. No matter how dope the production if you can’t craft a song, create dope hooks, formulate your song along the traditional Hip-Hop blueprint I just find your shyt boring :yeshrug: