Are Ventilators Killing More People Than They’re Saving??

GUWOPPERS

I might die a bachelor
Daps
Reppin
Sin
lol people aren't just put on a vent instantly the moment the walk into a hospital...

they are put on a vent went there is no other option. Their oxygen saturation is dropping and other breathing treatments aren't working. They are going to die without a vent, atleast they have a chance to survive when intubated on a vent.

Now because they see it in an article we got thecoli.com folks saying vents are bad :russ:

People are so bored and just grasping at any misinformation to believe in.

They literally want to be lied to :mjlol:

the real problems are

1. What this virus will contribute to the rising surveillance of the population

2. How many dissidents and Muslims China killed during this.

?3? if other countries used this time to take out dissidents :lupe:

That last one is just a conspiracy theory of mine tho, don’t reaallllly believe it.... :lupe:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Can Brehs stop posting conspiracy websites during a health crisis? It's irresponsible. Even from a logic perspective this makes no sense. If you need a ventilator your chances of survival are significantly lowered. Depending on age I think like 30-35% of people who go on a ventilator due to covid don't recover. In no logical or scientific way does that mean the machine is killing people. Stop it.

A breathing mask won't work because these people literally can't breath. A better argument is that hospitals know ventilators can't save everyone but use it anyway in these extreme cases. But if that's your argument are you also gonna argue they should simply let these people choke to death? They have to try.

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
Can Brehs stop posting conspiracy websites during a health crisis? It's irresponsible. Even from a logic perspective this makes no sense. If you need a ventilator your chances of survival are significantly lowered. Depending on age I think like 30-35% of people who go on a ventilator due to covid don't recover. In no logical or scientific way does that mean the machine is killing people. Stop it.

A breathing mask won't work because these people literally can't breath. A better argument is that hospitals know ventilators can't save everyone but use it anyway in these extreme cases. But if that's your argument are you also gonna argue they should simply let these people choke to death? They have to try.
Shut the fukk up.
If you disagree just disagree.
Nobody is posting any fukking conspiracy theories you fakkit.
Just because you're sensitive dont mean we should ignore facts and logic.
Just
Shut up if you dont know what you are talking about

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Article is stupid as fukk. These covid patients are going into ARDS quickly. If there not intubated and placed on ventilators they will die quickly. The compliance of your lungs and ARDS is trash. They can’t oxygenate or ventilate at all. These patients are proned and place on vent settings to deliver enough volume but at a certain pressure to avoid barotrauma. Long exposure to high oxygen is irrelevant when your hypoxic because you need that oxygen badly

Our hospital won’t even put them on Bipap/CPAP machines because it dangerous to the staff because the patients exhaled breaths are aerosolized in air potentially exposing virus to staff
THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS

i'm reading this thread like wow we really need a coli purge :mindblown:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Shut the fukk up.
If you disagree just disagree.
Nobody is posting any fukking conspiracy theories you fakkit.
Just because you're sensitive dont mean we should ignore facts and logic.
Just
Shut up if you don't know what you are talking about
saying ventilators are killing people is reckless when they are a last resort hail marry. people in here talking about doctors doing it for extra cheques... :mjtf:

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Yeah ive been side eyeing those ventilators and hospitals in general for a few weeks now:wtb:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
They only putting people in the vent if they can’t breath tho. If your oxygen levels are super. I know multiple people who been TK the hospital with covid 19 and none was put on vents. Really all was sent home. They wanna send everyone home.

they only keeping severe cases like the ones who can’t breath.

Like for instance would you sign your grams who can’t breath up for experimental breathing techniques when she is getting no oxygen to her brain.

where is proof drs are getting paid for each patient they putting on vents and saying have covid 19, that’s the dumbest shyt ever. You know how much money that would be :dead:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Yeah ive been side eyeing those ventilators and hospitals in general for a few weeks now:wtb:
At this point I tell people who feel this way to just not go to the hospital all together. I mean they gonna say the dr. Lying, they giving you covid, the vents killing you ect. Then they said they don’t recommend any natural healing stuff

if you gonna be on that wave just stay home and take care of yourself. It’s foolish to not trust are believe anything they say and still go to them lol

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
At this point I tell people who feel this way to just not go to the hospital all together. I mean they gonna say the dr. Lying, they giving you covid, the vents killing you ect. Then they said they don’t recommend any natural healing stuff

if you gonna be on that wave just stay home and take care of yourself. It’s foolish to not trust are believe anything they say and still go to them lol
I already decided to steer clear of hospitals for the forseeable future

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
We talked about this in the main thread. I would recommend reading what @BlackMamba824 posted about in there as he is in the field. I'll quote what we said in there.

Ventilators aren't a passive procedure but the standard practice is not to treat the numbers but treat the patient.

You're absolutely right. The motto should always be "treat the patient and not just a number" and sometimes "less is more" to avoid situations like this. But I also think to make a blanket statement like "intubation is bad" or "all they need is nasal canula" can be dangerous too because not every patient is the same and what works for one person may not work for someone else. Some patients are going to require intubation no matter what because noninvasive measures aren't working. So you're left with "do I let them die on nasal cannula even though it's not working because of what might happen or do I place them on the vent to give them a fighting chance". That article even mentions that a couple of patients that they tried that conservative approach on still went on to require intubation anyway so you can't always know how things will play out beforehand. Had one lady that wasn't doing well with noninvasive stuff and needed intubation but said she didn't want it and died shortly thereafter. You could argue based on ICU admissions and ventilated paients, she might've ended up on the vent for weeks and ultimately died either way. It's tough, but I don't think there's a single answer for every patient.