Are We Prepared for this New Era in the NBA?

Archangel

Banned
Daps
I know in our perfect worlds, we want our superstars to take the road less traveled like MJ, Duncan; stay loyal and win a ring with their original team while dominating. I'm the same way. Well, I like the players taking their careers into their own hands also.

We saw Bron go to Miami and form the Heatles and win. Now we've witnessed KD go to GS and win. This is going to influence other young stars to do the same ultimately. Are we prepared for this? This is where the league is heading.

Imagine 4 years from now watching a 76er squad with multiple all stars in Embiid, Simmons, Josh Jackson and perhaps a Giannis Antetokoumpo (My God I would love this:wow:) A Celtic squad with IT, Jimmy Butler and Gordon Hayward. Devin Booker heading to Minny with KAT and Wiggins. What if Russ left for New Orleans to go play with AD and Boogie?

What does Adam Silver do to rectify this? Because now your small markets suffer and the owners will complain. How can the little Indiana Pacers compete with that?

We long for the old NBA where stars stayed loyal and stuck it out like a Dominique Wilkins, Karl Malone & John Stockton, Ewing, David Robinson, etc. But those days are gone. Bron and KD have ushered in a new era.

Now, superstars and future superstars wont hesitate to dip out on their squads and go to stacked teams. This destroys the competitive edge but at least players will be free to do what they want to do. I don't like this, because I want competition. If this is the trend, competition will slowly be erased.