Are you really a feminist?

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I know on theColi if you disagree with a guy sometimes you are automatically a labeled a "feminist"

When it comes to your thoughts on women, women's right, relationship roles etc? Are you pro-black.

I'm not a feminist in the sense of what it is on here. I wouldn't consider myself one at all. I do believe in women's rights. I believe in equality in the work place, I believe a woman can lead. But when I comes to relationships I lean towards more traditional roles. I also don't think every little thing is an issue, what I call more like "tumblr feminism". I'm also not anti-man. I am pro black. I feel after everything in this country, the thing that most affects me is my blackness. Like I am human -> I am a woman -> I am a black woman -> I am black.

Edit: I also want to be clear, as treatment goes, I believe it should be equal period. I don't believe a woman should be slave to a man, that is not "traditional". K

Last edited:

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
A real black woman is empowered by being called a bytch and a ho. Hates herself enough to empathize with black men who thinks other women are more superior, and will take bullets for brothers who call her dark butt.

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
I am not a feminist but I want to see women win. Its so much attention on black men and their faults/progression that women are pushed to the back burner.

When we try and speak up, its seen as a cry for attention or being bitter.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
What are some of the differences between feminism and womanism?

I imagine being oppressed for having natural hair is one of them...but why separate black women from black males when it comes to oppression
Because I go through different issues as a woman. I can't explain now because I'm in class getting ready to do a presentation but I will when I have time.

And it's not separating black men and black women, it's a sub section of our collective oppression.