Ariana Grande & The Weeknd - Love Me Harder

swerve

All Star
Daps
I liked him better as hipster :to:, but Ariana Grande is my new bubblegum pop star :lawd:.

On another note it's been interesting to follow the different roads Frank Ocean and Weeknd took.
Frank Ocean stayed hipster as fukk, has basically only done features on Odd Future's shyt and WTT while The Weeknd maintained his essence but became super commercial, is turning up at all the parties and all that. Can't even compare them anymore.
that was what people were saying before Frank dropped CO and got that grammy. He is in no hurry to release his follow up even though he should release something within the year. Even though I say fukk the grammys it puts him in a completely different space to the weeknd.

I fukk with both something serious. Trilogy and CO are both classics in my eyes. But Frank has been delivering nothing but heat ever since he came to the scene

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
that was what people were saying before Frank dropped CO and got that grammy. He is in no hurry to release his follow up even though he should release something within the year. Even though I say fukk the grammys it puts him in a completely different space to the weeknd.

I fukk with both something serious. Trilogy and CO are both classics in my eyes. But Frank has been delivering nothing but heat ever since he came to the scene
What do you mean? Were people saying that they liked Frank better when he was a hipster?

I've not seen Frank Ocean change at all, he's got 1 "demo", 1 mixtape, 1 album, like 6 features.
And just about every single moment is a classic :ahh:, he moves more units, he's not after these birdbrain pop fans, real nikka fans etc like The Weeknd.
He's going after everything like a commercial rapper like say Jay-z or T.I. Of course, he's rich as fukk now, which one can assumes changes a lot.

Frank is just keeping it 100 to the music and the genre.

swerve

All Star
Daps
What do you mean? Were people saying they like Frank better when he was a hipster?

I've not seen Frank Ocean change at all, he's got 2 mixtapes, like 6 features.
And just about every single moment is a classic :ahh:, he moves more units, he's not after these birdbrain pop fans, real nikka fans etc as The Weeknd.
He's going after everything like a commercial rapper like say Jay-z or T.I.. Of course, he's rich as fukk now, which one can assumes changes a lot.

Frank is just keeping it 100 to the music and the genre.
People were saying the same shyt about Frank before CO. That he took too long to drop CO. That he needs to do more features and show his face. Then he dropped and shyt was a classic and he got a grammy and new artist of the year at GQ. Reason he doesn't have to stress is because he is so talented. Weeknd is also but he hasn't broken through to the real mainstream just yet so he have to push his music harder. He about to though the coming year.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
People were saying the same shyt about Frank before CO. That he took too long to drop CO. That he needs to do more features and show his face. Then he dropped and shyt was a classic and he got a grammy and new artist of the year at GQ. Reason he doesn't have to stress is because he is so talented. Weeknd is also but he hasn't broken through to the real mainstream just yet so he have to push his music harder. He about to though the coming year.
I think that was a "the coli" thing.
Hiphop e-generation is really the only people who complain on people not showing their face for a year or two, or not even the e-generation but hiphop in general.

Imo, Weeknd is wasting his brand on these cats. The mystique, the wait and all that shyt is something I love.
Next song Frank Ocean drop, all his fans will take out their fine cutlery, discuss it with their people and on. With Weeknd, I might even miss songs, hooks, verses and on.
Or just play them once and forget that I ever played them and his mixtape collection might be in my top 10-20 of most played projects in the past 5-6 years.

swerve

All Star
Daps
I think that was a "the coli" thing.
Hiphop e-generation is really the only people who complain on people not showing their face for a year or two, or not even the e-generation but hiphop in general.

Imo, Weeknd is wasting his brand on these cats. The mystique, the wait and all that shyt is something I love.
Next song Frank Ocean drop, all his fans will take out their fine cutlery, discuss it with their people and on. With Weeknd, I might even miss songs, hooks, verses and on.
Or just play them once and forget that I ever played them and his mixtape collection might be in my top 10-20 of most played projects in the past 5-6 years.

You are 100% correct. The mystique is what keeping people intrigued. Just take when 50 blew up.
But sooner or later it will disappear and then you need to be solid commercially and musically. Its a hard balance to keep.

IMO, Weeknd shouldn't slide too far from the whole anti-simp thing been doing perfectly musically.. he should make sure it hits commercially on some level

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
:camby: If frank ocean didnt come out of the closet a week before his album dropped he never sees the sales or the grammy.
:dead:

So people bought his music cause he wrote a letter about once having some gay feeling or something? When that shyt broke, twitter was going in.
People do not like gays extra much, people hate gays or accept them. No one is running out to buy shyt cause they are gay, besides perhaps gay people. Cat was nominated for best new artist of an indie mixtape. Do you think every single reviewer was on some "ahh he's gay, I've got to give him a 5 mic rating" :childplease:

Celebrated first album single on some neo soul inspired shyt selling a million units before the letter.

He's always been pro gay with his
Before Macklemore he was saying shyt like "I don't believe marriage is between man and woman, but between love and love" on

Last edited:

Nature's Fury

addicts of drugs not yet synthesized
Daps
The Weeknd already put out three amazing projects, most artist never do that in they career...he can do whatever he wants...

song is tough...

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:dead:

So people bought his music cause he wrote a letter about once having some gay feeling or something? When that shyt broke, twitter was going in.
People do not like gays extra much, people hate gays or accept them. No one is running out to buy shyt cause they are gay, besides perhaps gay people. Cat was nominated for best new artist of an indie mixtape. Do you think every single reviewer was on some "ahh he's gay, I've got to give him a 5 mic rating" :childplease:

Celebrated first album single on some neo soul inspired shyt selling a million units before the letter.

He's always been pro gay with his
Before Macklemore he was saying shyt like "I don't believe marriage is between man and woman, but between love and love" on

:mjlol: If frank ocean didnt work with jay z you wouldnt be on his dikk.

Youre such a jay stan that you Stan whoever works with him. You take up his "beefs" too.

Nobody takes you seriously.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: If frank ocean didnt work with jay z you wouldnt be on his dikk.

Youre such a jay stan that you Stan whoever works with him. You take up his "beefs" too.

Nobody takes you seriously.
What are you talking about, should one know who you are?
I usually know my dikkriders, but not you son.

And apparently I should be on everyones shyt, cause Jay-z works with everyone.
nikkas are getting dumber by the post.

And fyi, people love that I take an opposite position of the dikkriding haters in "hate Jay-z threads", how fun would it be if you dikkriders were all in agreement?
I provide dimension to the threads, some comedy and challenge cats. It makes for a good discussion, sometimes I might just do it for the fukk of it.

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:tried to check up on some news on dude and the first thing i got was this

tumblr_n9ww24mfb21qdrz3yo1_500.jpg

milhouse-in-glasses.png

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Outside of Pyramids and Thinkin About You, the album was :trash:. But these writers knew better than to trash an openly gay singer so the hipster CACs like Pitchfork all hopped on his dikk.
Now I know you are hating, how can you like Thinking about you and not fukk with Pilot Jones? Pink Matter? :what:

And no one said that they had to bash him, they could give him good reviews.
They didn't have to say that his album was the best album of the year together with Kendrick.

:smh: @ every single reviews saying yo we have to give it 9/10 or 10/10, the grammys saying we have to give him a grammy and on. For an obscure letter about ONCE feeling some type of way about a dude, years ago. These dudes write long ass reviews motivating their opinions, you nikkas are in here saying "he's wack, they only like him cause he's gay".

Thugga thugga :blessed:

We going for the grammys next year, we moving units, we'll have the highest reviewed album and it's only the beginniiiing

Last edited: