Artist you can’t really listen to anymore

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
lil wayne - that Trump was crazy. fukk jail but….nikka was c00ning a lil too hard

Eminem - trash. Even his early shyt comes off as try hard white trash music. No reason for me to be listening to that in 2024. Respect his technical greatness tho.

Kodak was c00ning too..:

It’s crazy how everyone’s coming out slowly out the woodworks and wanting Trump back in office though.

Wayne probably had PTSD from when he did those 6 months for that gun charge

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Kodak was c00ning too..:

It’s crazy how everyone’s coming out slowly out the woodworks and wanting Trump back in office though.

Wayne probably had PTSD from when he did those 6 months for that gun charge
I can listen to Kodak because he is very clearly a crackhead and tells you that in his music. Wayne still pretends to have morals/values

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
If the music is fire I’ll listen to it. I really don’t have high expectations or moral behavior from people just because they’re talented at something like music or sports.
Thus. Stop putting people on pedestals when consuming the entertainment they provide. They are of this world and should be treated as such.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If the music is fire I’ll listen to it. I really don’t have high expectations or moral behavior from people just because they’re talented at something like music or sports.
I guarantee you that there is a line someone could cross that would have you stop listening to them so stop fronting like there isn't.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Thus. Stop putting people on pedestals when consuming the entertainment they provide. They are of this world and should be treated as such.
So if you found out your favorite artist molested and murdered 30 babies you gonna be like I still fukks with their music?

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
So if you found out your favorite artist molested and murdered 30 babies you gonna be like I still fukks with their music?
Yes I see what you are saying but it depends.
Look at the artists listed in here. Kanye is listed multiple times. Do you need to agree and like every action Kanye does to listen to his music no. You're putting mortal men on pedestals when you do that.
The reason you'd not listen to someone who murdered 30 babies is because when you hear their songs it makes you think them then of that. Not because of the song itself.
If you can get past that you can really just listen to whatever you want.
But people are so shocked when they find out some celebrity been into some nefarious stuff but if you never held them to such a high standard it wouldn't matter.
Silkk tha shocker has raped women, king von killed people, a bunch of them 80s rockstars are pedophiles but people still go back and listen to their music.
Why? Because they aren't shocked by who they are because it's in their music.
Stop forming your images in your head on people you don't know and start holding them to no standard because you do not know them and you'll have a much easier time.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yes I see what you are saying but it depends.
Look at the artists listed in here. Kanye is listed multiple times. Do you need to agree and like every action Kanye does to listen to his music no. You're putting mortal men on pedestals when you do that.
The reason you'd not listen to someone who murdered 30 babies is because when you hear their songs it makes you think them then of that. Not because of the song itself.
If you can get past that you can really just listen to whatever you want.
But people are so shocked when they find out some celebrity been into some nefarious stuff but if you never held them to such a high standard it wouldn't matter.
Silkk tha shocker has raped women, king von killed people, a bunch of them 80s rockstars are pedophiles but people still go back and listen to their music.
Why? Because they aren't shocked by who they are because it's in their music.
Stop forming your images in your head on people you don't know and start holding them to no standard because you do not know them and you'll have a much easier time.
And when people hear Kanye West it reminds them of all the crazy shyt he's said and done. It reminds them he was an agent for Trump that ran for president to syphon off black votes to help Trump. It reminds them of antisemitism. When people hear R. Kelly or Diddy it reminds them of domestic abuse.

Maybe your line is more extreme than the next person's line but everybody has a line an artist can cross and they'll say no more.

Daps
Teching a corporate church event tonight and the DJ has “Happy People” by R Kelly in his set.

People irl don’t care :yeshrug:

As for personal listening, as long as the music doesn’t reference the crime (I.e. Diddy on “The World Is Filled…” or “Age Ain’t Nothing But a Number”) I think it’s disingenuous to act like it’s bad because of who made it.