As a step daddy should you discipline your step kid without the bio dad’s permission? This right here gonna get your ass stomped out 🥾

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
I mean if we sposed to be doing better by not physically disciplining the children then just take away privileges and talk to him. If he too far gone then you should've stayed away from that situation

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
when two of my baby mothers started dating the dudes they with now...they evenutally married...

me n the dudes met up n had that conversation...

that nikka said they dont even know they exist like that.. they speak ,,,n keep goin...

they never at home...

they always at some kind of event or practice...

now my oldest.. my son..that nikka there,,,

..was giving dudes the blues.. i was locked up most of the time when he was coming up...

nikka would steal the nikka car.. hit his pockets.. all kind of off the wall shyt...

his momma ended up gay kuz he would run all the nikkas off.. so she had to get her some p*ssy :russ:

the two chicks im with now.. their kids dad..not even in the picture.. shyt im pretty much all they know...

This some wild shyt

moorfeus

Pro
Daps
Do not impregnate someone you are just dating or having random sex with. Have all of your children with one woman...your wife.
Also, don't date women with children unless you are divorced and have children yourself. In that case you should only date women who have children with their ex-husband, not baby daddies. That takes care of any potential issues.

Now you can talk to the ex-husband and have common ground and understanding seeing how you both are divorced with ex-wives and children. Ain't nobody going to be acting funny because its already understood where you both stand. You aren't going to be beating on his children, the same way you wouldn't want anyone else putting hands on yours.

This is how civilized adults co-parent and work through split-ups without issues. In this case both fathers work together to parent the children, the same way you would want open communication with whoever your ex-wife starts getting serious with. That's the only way to do it without having unnecessary drama.

Now if you have a trifling situation going on, no marriage and commitment, just some dude that's living with your ex, anything goes. It can and likely will, get ugly.
:sas2:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you're a step father you're the male figure and make role model in the home.

If you don't have the ability to discipline those children, not only are you useless, you're teaching that child to be ineffectual as a man.

People equate disciplining a child with hitting a child. And that's false. But any man who oversees a child in a household must have the ability to correct mistakes and mold a child to some degree.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
I disagree with that. If the bio dad/mom is still in the child’s life and is a good dad/mom the step parent has zero right to physically discipline the child. Now if you weren’t talking about physically then I apologize for misunderstanding:manny:
That's the thing, the bio dad wouldn't be in the child's life if the stepdad adopts the kid. In that case, the family dynamic defaults to the stepdad + mother making disciplinary decisions together. Bio-dad has NO say.​

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Taking the video to court to demonstrate to the judge why I should get full custody.

5 years down the line when people won't tie what's happened to the abuse, I'm stomping out his kneecaps.