ASAP Rocky on the Breakfast Club

Banned Account12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This nikka said he was 6'4 :laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

you wasn't looking 6'4 in the bytch ass video :laff:

@Billy Ocean this nikka 6'4' though???:laff:

i think he means his forehead is 6'4'

25941.jpg

:laff:
Who is this?

Fam on my mama I thought this was you the whole time

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont think he did a good job of articulating himself...

"Im not promoting individualism but each person should think individually"..what does that mean?

"I didnt know black people did acid until i moved to soho"...well yea cause you didnt experience college..but what does that have to do with anything?

"Im the first black man to be a face of Dior, im doing it"...he said this helps blacks?.how does being the face of a white company help blacks?..him starting a black fashion label would help blacks, but being the face of Dior is just a personal accomplishment.

Him saying he represents the black race well by being dark-skinned, handsome, and succcesful was just cringeworthy

I agree he shouldnt have to speak on black issues, but his arguments were incoherent and Im a fan of dude.

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
The truth is we need someone like Pac now more than ever. He had more to lose in terms of mainstream popularity by speaking out on subjects the way he did but he didn't give a fukk. Why you scared to talk about what's going on? You think we need to hear about how many bytches you been fukkin again? I don't hear anything in the interview that gives some clarity to his ignorance.

Daps
Reppin
ATL paid.. Cali blazed
Damn 10mins in and I already gathered that's he's dumb as fukk, self centered, contradictory,and he don't give a fukk about black issues.. He been whack since his first mixtape I really don't wanna hear shyt from him he on that list I thought was only reserved for Desiigner.. I like how he tried to throw Future out there like he don't say shyt but on one of his hottest songs last year he made reference to police shootings.. ASAP Mob a bunch of Fashionista swagger jackin faggets

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
My head fukking hurts right now watching that interview :mindblown:. The one thing that really rubbed me the wrong way was bringing up Pac by saying his legacy was about "all unity" and shyt smh.
Pac never advocated for everyone to come together on some "Were all human beings" shyt:pachaha:. Pac was about black empowerment...even in the midst of the West coast vs East coast bullshyt he was in.

If Asap Rocky really wanted to empower the black youth his way...he could create his own clothing brands, have black ownership and hire his own. Being the first black man to pose for whatever white fashion company isn't simply enough. That's tokenism and symbolism which shows that Rocky has a slave mentality. He doesn't understand that before he was "chosen", that fashion company didn't accept any black men for whatever reason. What makes Rocky more special than other black men/ppl they could had chosen? PAUSE

Instead of questioning the motive of why they picked him, he's gonna be proud to be that token magical negro white people show off to the world as "The One" like a fukking object.

And the rest of the interview is just him rambling and rambling about that printed article. I think Rocky's sincere of what he's saying but I think more than anything, he feels guilt. Guilt for all that c00ning and white ass kissing he's been doing since he blew up. Black people are starting to call out these rappers/entertainers and I love it. We need to know what side their because battle lines are being drawn. This isn't the time where we gotta come together to sing kumbaya, hold hands and prey.

Rocky is just upset because he got called out....Its simple as that. He said it himself. "I was dragged into all of this" :mjpls:

I'll let him live but musically, I'm done with him. ASAP Ferg needs to get chin checked too btw....:mjpls:

New Username

Staff Member
Supporter
Daps
  • the quote of him was out of context (bunch of backtracking)
  • He breaking down doors for the young jiggy nikkas in the fashion world
  • All Lives Matter, He doesn't see color
  • He didn't ask for all this shyt, he wants to rap about his subjects, we got artists like Cole and Kendrick for the other shyt
  • He a nikka from Harlem so saying he can't relate is stupid
  • He wants everyone to think as individuals
I feel him on some points just don't think he articulating himself well. Just seems like he wants to fight racism his own way

Identity issues

If he didn't want to be a part of this he shouldn't have spoke on this

You can't say all lives matter when none of our lives by race aren't equal

If he wasn't a celeb he wouldn't be saying all of this

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Rich + famous does not = role model, or someone to strive to be like.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I'm not coping pleas. I don't even like Rocky but I don't know how you can watch that interview and think he speaks well. He sounds like he just learned English. nikka was literally RAMBLING for 40 minutes about nothing. He can't articulate himself at all.
This is nothing new though. Rocky been an ignorant fool. He should just stay in his lane and be an entertainer.