At what age did y'all get y'all sh** together?

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
29. I’m 31 now. During my twenties I was spending money recklessly to look fly. Not even to travel. Just eat food and look fly and go to local places like ATL and DC.

At 29 I realized I been living with my parents rent free since high school and was broke, Changed immediately and ironically I was hired as a financial counselor that year. So part of the job was learning financial hacks which I used for myself. Too bad a lot of my clients struggled to do so smh.

now I can happily say being broke is the least of my worries.

Sounds like my like verbatim. Spent money on designer jeans sneakers chains a whole lot of dumb stuff. My most favorite jeans I wear now are some American Eagle jeans tapered at the bottom. And Yea I love Atlanta and Toronto, but I want to enjoy those places with good money in my pocket and a sense of being and not just being young looking for p*ssy in a new city.

Trying to save 50k this year

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
At 24/5 I hit the same exact point in life you’re at now. I had just graduated from college, ended a 3 year relationship, left my apartment of 5 years and needed to plan the rest of my life out. I stopped fukking, smoking and drinking for 2 years straight. Turned down dozens of girls and invitations out to get more disciplined, improve my skillset and started a business at the end of those 2 years. It was difficult at first to basically change my entire life around like that but the benefits were life changing.

That's what I'm trying to be on now. I read somewhere that discipline works when motivation doesn't. I'm not gonna lie and say studying for certs is the most fun I've had, but I know my end goal.

My mistake was I started talking to a girl and she's so nice she can't get it through her head that I need to focus on myself right now, she keep saying we can study together since she's studying for the mcat :wtb:

In those times, did you miss the drinking, smoking , fuking and linking with girls? and if so, how did you get it in your mind to just resist that urge?

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nap -> ATL
26 is when I started really trying to separate myself from losers and step my shyt up covid hit right at the end of my 26th year. 27 I stopped worrying about shyt out of my control and starting focusing on improving my value in the world I stopped making excuses and stopped that victim mentality shyt and realized I can really make shyt happen myself. 28 is when my work finally paid off.:wow:after a shytty early and mid 20s... my late 20s have been goated I can't wait for my 30s

Last edited:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Always been but kinda never have. It’s levels to it.

I gained weight at 19 and decided I could never be a fat breh. Lost the weight and took my health serious ever since.

was always determined career wise but kicked it up a level at about 26.

Married in my early 30’s but there’s things I have to do to make that right.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Sounds like my like verbatim. Spent money on designer jeans sneakers chains a whole lot of dumb stuff. My most favorite jeans I wear now are some American Eagle jeans tapered at the bottom. And Yea I love Atlanta and Toronto, but I want to enjoy those places with good money in my pocket and a sense of being and not just being young looking for p*ssy in a new city.

Trying to save 50k this year

Yea I’m going to live like I make 30K a year this year. Only large expense is my car note for the scatpack and honestly as a New Yorker who lives by a subway idk how I ended being an owner of 2 cars with no garage lol.

I’m going to sell one for sure. The scat pack I might switch for a SUV in 2 years or get rid of both. Rent here is expensive but the money you save without having a car is wealth building status

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
Around 31, but it really comes and goes depending on how disciplined you are in life…I moved out of my moms at 21 and was living good but wasn’t really LIVING as in traveling and enjoying new experiences.

Moved back home around 24 and just drifted around until moving to California at 29

Left Cali at 31 and been on ever since

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Yea I’m going to live like I make 30K a year this year. Only large expense is my car note for the scatpack and honestly as a New Yorker who lives by a subway idk how I ended being an owner of 2 cars with no garage lol.

I’m going to sell one for sure. The scat pack I might switch for a SUV in 2 years or get rid of both. Rent here is expensive but the money you save without having a car is wealth building status

Damn bro, I need to get to that level, I know driving in NY is difficult but I still want at least one car, idk I just don't feel like a man without one. Preferably a muscle car or KIA stinger for my first one. I do save money on the train but I'm a 12 minute walk to the station and with groceries it gets annoying.

Where do you grocery shop? and do you do a lot of extracurricular stuff on the weekend? I would love to live like I make 30k

EVILRICO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TEXAS
30 . When I got out of prison. After seeing how messed up life can get when you don’t take care of your responsibilities.
Watching the folks around me just continue to go down hill .
Went from spending my days doing illegal shyt. To now working several jobs, learning skills like plumbing and carpenter work.
Paying off new home , just got done paying off new truck. Life is good!

King Poetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County , California
27 and I’m 40 now

I loss my job at 27.. the so called friends I had who I helped out, abandoned me.. nikkas couldn’t even Loan me 40 dollars

after that I cut everybody off except my parents who was the only ones there for me..

Haven’t had any close friends since and everyone I meet are just associates nothing more

My girl always ask me where’s your friends and I say don’t have any, don’t need any..