At what age did y'all get y'all sh** together?

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
:mjlol: at this question

:mjcry: at my answer to it

Truth be told, every time one level of life is mastered, another one opens up with new challenges and an opportunity to grow.

IMO if someone is honest with themselves, the answer to this question is never :yeshrug:

Reason I ask this, when I was real depressed after my breakup, I read Eric Thomas's book and spoke to a pastor. Both married pretty young, faithful to one woman and were able to obtain Phd's and have children. Eric Thomas it took him 12 years to get a bachelors, both have a home, family and income. Obviously they both probably have some issues I don't know about but for the most part that's a far cry from what I was doing: On hinge, looking for women in bars and clubs, not saving and spending on clothes, and being content with just my Liberal arts bachelors

Daps
Reppin
Kongo
Their is no specific magic age. It honestly depends on each individual person. Everyone moves at their own pace. For me, it was around 30/31.

Yeah I’m hoping to be back for this age. I low key went through and been going through a lot.

My next step is trying to get a better paying job where I can make at least 50k. Living in NY/NJ is expensive af. Rent be like 1200 for a studio.

I just need my own space little space again, that would help my mental health alot.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Damn bro, I need to get to that level, I know driving in NY is difficult but I still want at least one car, idk I just don't feel like a man without one. Preferably a muscle car or KIA stinger for my first one. I do save money on the train but I'm a 12 minute walk to the station and with groceries it gets annoying.

Where do you grocery shop? and do you do a lot of extracurricular stuff on the weekend? I would love to live like I make 30k

I grocery shop at traders joes but I meal prep and literally eat the same food most of the week so I don’t spend much on groceries.

as for as fun goes I limit my self to one fun weekend per month. Vacations probably twice a year.

After this year when I’m more loaded with cash I will probably treat myself more. Especially since my investments will be up.

the Kia stinger I imagine will have left maintenance cost than a muscle car.

EVILRICO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TEXAS
27 and I’m 40 now

I loss my job at 27.. the so called friends I had who I helped out, abandoned me.. nikkas couldn’t even Loan me 40 dollars

after that I cut everybody off except my parents who was the only ones there for me..

Haven’t had any close friends since and everyone I meet are just associates nothing more

My girl always ask me where’s your friends and I say don’t have any, don’t need any..

yeah I’m in the same boat when it comes to the friend issue. Either they are doing bad themselves or they are just snakes.
Had a good friend several years ago pop up in my girls inbox. She showed me , and he tried to play it off because he was drunk. Life is just good with close family.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Yeah I’m hoping to be back for this age. I low key went through and been going through a lot.

My next step is trying to get a better paying job where I can make at least 50k. Living in NY/NJ is expensive af. Rent be like 1200 for a studio.

I just need my own space little space again, that would help my mental health alot.

That’s the age when I got my spot, no roommates/family/shorty, just me.

Trust me breh, I know exactly where you coming from, just have patience. Your time WILL come, and then you'll look back at this point & your life be like "wow, look where I made it from":wow:. It’s a satisfying, yet humbling experience.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Op how is bjj I am about to start muay thai wanted to do bjj but I don't want them bjj hands or cauliflower ear as a hobbyist:picard:

Man, it's really humbling and strategic. I did a little boxing, but mostly basketball and just standard weight lifting. My old co worker is a brown belt at the school and invited me and I just kept going. He doesn't and some of the higher ups don't have the ear, I think that's if you do it all day every day for years.

I tell you what though, it's an absolutely deadly art, choking, angling and submitting people, and all the intricate details it takes in this sport take patience and constant repetition and discipline which is exactly what I need right now. I've only been going for about 2 month's but I'm tapping at least one lower belt a class and the coach want's me to compete.
Makes you not take anyone for granted either, as there is a guy who looks like he does comic con in my gym but will snap your leg from your limbs if tried in public.

I'm also meeting friends and professionals I probably wouldn’t have met elsewhere. I'm cool with like 2 Japanese guys, an Australian, guy from Poland. All the black people that come always just try and bond off rip.

You should try a class and see where it goes. I put the blue belt on my 2022 vision board along with passing Sec+ and CCNA. All require hours, discipline, and hard work to be successful.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Damn this thread made me realize everyone is just trying to get they shyt together too. I don’t feel so alone in this journey.

Yea bro I felt alone too and I think social media puts a front up and thinks a man should have this by such and such age. Like girls would say "my parents were married at this age"
Well, we aren't your parents and we learn from others' experiences so when it does happen we are in the right place and not just doing it for likes.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
anyone using this site a regualr basis dosent have theri shyt together:francis: including me:lolbron:

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I grocery shop at traders joes but I meal prep and literally eat the same food most of the week so I don’t spend much on groceries.

as for as fun goes I limit my self to one fun weekend per month. Vacations probably twice a year.

After this year when I’m more loaded with cash I will probably treat myself more. Especially since my investments will be up.

the Kia stinger I imagine will have left maintenance cost than a muscle car.

I need to get into investments also. Food and going out was my biggest killer smh :wow: I went to fancy ass Tao's and the food was lackluster compared to like Kam Kau's in Clinton Hills for half the price. Stuff is a scam, I'm going to start meal prepping and smoothies too.

I remember I went on 3 hinge dates in a week, Idk who the hell I thought I was a man, living like a fool.

Yea I imagine it will, I'm gonna do research and learn more knowledge about em. Also I want a muscle to kind of speed, and only place I can think to do that is maybe the West Side High way or queens or the Jackie Robinson :whoa: