At what age did y'all get y'all sh** together?

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
im 28, living overseas making 6 figs. it's cool, but im still not where i want to be or know i can be.

i spent alot of bread recently in bahrain and dubai so im tryna re-up.

my biggest issue right now is learning how to deal with ignorant people at work, which i guess you never truly perfect.

there's alot more but i guess the main thing is standing your ground as a man and continuing to move forward.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I got my sh1t together when I realized life is no respecter of any one person. Live how u want, as long as u don’t hurt anyone, steal or commit crimes.

U haven’t really gotten ur sh1t together until u can stand firm on ur principles and beliefs no matter the intensity of the opposing forces that will try, ever so relentlessly, to derail u.

Note, Opposing forces aren’t always clearly defined. They can appear as deceptively constructive advices given by well meaning loved ones.

shyt, by that definition I been A1 since day 1.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I need to get into investments also. Food and going out was my biggest killer smh :wow: I went to fancy ass Tao's and the food was lackluster compared to like Kam Kau's in Clinton Hills for half the price. Stuff is a scam, I'm going to start meal prepping and smoothies too.

I remember I went on 3 hinge dates in a week, Idk who the hell I thought I was a man, living like a fool.

Yea I imagine it will, I'm gonna do research and learn more knowledge about em. Also I want a muscle to kind of speed, and only place I can think to do that is maybe the West Side High way or queens or the Jackie Robinson :whoa:

Philip chow (is that the name) I believe is an expensive place and the food was worse than take out

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nap -> ATL
Man, it's really humbling and strategic. I did a little boxing, but mostly basketball and just standard weight lifting. My old co worker is a brown belt at the school and invited me and I just kept going. He doesn't and some of the higher ups don't have the ear, I think that's if you do it all day every day for years.

I tell you what though, it's an absolutely deadly art, choking, angling and submitting people, and all the intricate details it takes in this sport take patience and constant repetition and discipline which is exactly what I need right now. I've only been going for about 2 month's but I'm tapping at least one lower belt a class and the coach want's me to compete.
Makes you not take anyone for granted either, as there is a guy who looks like he does comic con in my gym but will snap your leg from your limbs if tried in public.

I'm also meeting friends and professionals I probably wouldn’t have met elsewhere. I'm cool with like 2 Japanese guys, an Australian, guy from Poland. All the black people that come always just try and bond off rip.

You should try a class and see where it goes. I put the blue belt on my 2022 vision board along with passing Sec+ and CCNA. All require hours, discipline, and hard work to be successful.
I feel that. I'm going to do muay thai for a while then probably jump in bjj once I get the basics of MT down.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
im 28, living overseas making 6 figs. it's cool, but im still not where i want to be or know i can be.

i spent alot of bread recently in bahrain and dubai so im tryna re-up.

my biggest issue right now is learning how to deal with ignorant people at work, which i guess you never truly perfect.

there's alot more but i guess the main thing is standing your ground as a man and continuing to move forward.

You in IT? where overseas are you?

I went to Dubai in September and I have mixed feelings about it but maybe when I really get my money up I can enjoy.

Your right about standing as a man though

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what I'm trying to be on now. I read somewhere that discipline works when motivation doesn't. I'm not gonna lie and say studying for certs is the most fun I've had, but I know my end goal.

My mistake was I started talking to a girl and she's so nice she can't get it through her head that I need to focus on myself right now, she keep saying we can study together since she's studying for the mcat :wtb:

In those times, did you miss the drinking, smoking , fuking and linking with girls? and if so, how did you get it in your mind to just resist that urge?
Look at the greater picture. It feels nice to have a girl like u so much to want to be up under u. But u have to understand that she is a whole human being with fickle thoughts and emotions. She can love U ever so passionately right now then be bored or done tomorrow. Ur future is greater than any one woman. Help her understand ur situation. If she’s intent on not understanding ur stance, u might have to part ways. Be careful.

Daps
I did too lol. Owned a house at 21 with a good career and a-1 credit (while still being a major knucklehead at the same time), but then I got in a major motorcycle accident and just stopped giving a fukk about shyt haha.
I graduated from a college with a decent GPA did a little last bit of excessive drinking (whilst still in the college town i lived in) and partying then got a chronic injury was 24 and stopped working out and giving a fukk started frequenting thecoli at the same time

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I need to get into investments also. Food and going out was my biggest killer smh :wow: I went to fancy ass Tao's and the food was lackluster compared to like Kam Kau's in Clinton Hills for half the price. Stuff is a scam, I'm going to start meal prepping and smoothies too.

I remember I went on 3 hinge dates in a week, Idk who the hell I thought I was a man, living like a fool.

Yea I imagine it will, I'm gonna do research and learn more knowledge about em. Also I want a muscle to kind of speed, and only place I can think to do that is maybe the West Side High way or queens or the Jackie Robinson :whoa:

I think debt is what really kills a lot of people. Can't get yo shyt together and enjoy life if you living pay check to pay check. I'm tryna get rid of debt now. Still driving my old ass Lexus around to avoid that car note. :francis:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
28 post break up and have no desire to smash random ho's on hinge or quickies like I thought. Actually turned down drinks with my co-workers because I don't feel like spending money or being drunk just to be drunk. I'll sometimes have some wine or a beer and weed maybe on a Saturday or Friday night.

Even though it's a pandemic I have no desire to go out every weekend like I used to. I just want to study for certs, go to bjj and the gym read, and play games. I still get horny but I'm trying no fap just to really test and

discipline myself.

Not concerned about sneakers like I used to be spending money on em recklessly

I'm even going to church and might get baptized man and maybe find a wife in there.

Wish I had this discipline at about 24, probably coulda been 6 figure 6 cert by know smh

I've never not been in order.

But, as far a feeling like i was in control...maybe around 29 when i bought my home.

And even though I am in complete control of myself financially and emotionally, there's still levels left to attain.