ATCQ - People’s Instinctive Travels & The Paths Of Rhythm || DISCUSSION THREAD

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
It got five mics in the source when it originally dropped
I think it was the first

This album came at the perfect time. A lot of folks were overwhelmed with 3 Feet High and Rising and it’s ambitions. People knew it was special, but a combination of it being so different from it’s time, and white folks immediately adopting it while still looking down on other great acts were turning people away. This album condensed the overall concept of being left field in Hip Hop and forced you to just handle it as a piece of music. I’m not sure we revisit De La’s first joint the same way if others hadn’t built all the way around what they started there. Look at Critical Beatdown for example, it’s kinda isolated in our history.

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
Can’t believe nobody has mentioned Luck of Lucien yet.

KMEL had Bonita Applebum in the slow jams mix, shyt even when they played hip hop you'd hear Can I Kick It.

Chopped it with Davy D recently for the 50th celebration in Oakland. Had to give bruh the :salute: for pushin all the dope music onto radio back then. Changed the whole muthafukkin landscape for radio back then. Tribe, BDP, Del La, Hiero, Geto Boys, X-Clan, etc.