“Atlanta is the only city where you realize how many Black People are there”

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Atlanta is pretty black, but I'm not sure it feels any blacker than places like Philly or Detroit
First time I went I was shocked because I was one of like two black people on the plane down there. Kind of was expecting Soul Plane or something the way people act like Atlanta is Wakanda

Sonny Bonds

All Star
Supporter
Daps
That man's career fell off a cliff after he got exposed for messaging underaged girls.
In case anyone wants to read about it:
- Allegations in 2020
- New allegations in 2023

Didn't even know about the 2023 stuff.

Wait.....wasn't he in that show "You"? Didn't that happen in that show? This fool is truly "life imitates art"?
Yeah, that shyt was always weird and hilarious to me. I wonder if he hesitated to take the role, but I guess he thought he'd never be exposed.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

Is this true about Atlanta? I havent been down there in a minute

They’re wearing everything :dame:

Lol at y'all not understanding why white people think it's funny. How do y'all safely live in America without understanding the Beast? Really?

One of my friends from college moved to DC.

"Archie, there are a lot of Black people here." He promptly moved to Del Ray.:mjpls:

I almost laughed too, because white people/non black people, are just not cognizant of how Black DC is. Black cops, Black Judges, Black engineers, Black coworkers, Black superiors, Black construction workers, store owners, Ethiopians, School kids in uniforms, some with lacrosse sticks not just football pads.

Blackness is so normal here, at every level, and it's not sectioned off to spots they don't go to.

Their only conception of Blackness is the handful of Black folks in college and a few at the job in previous cities, and the criminals on local TV, bums on campus, and celebrities.

So to see some Black folks cutting up at Le Diplomate over some escargot...

And at the professional level, there's a lot of resentment/animus.

DC City government, like all city (state and Fed) governments, is incompetent. But the vitriol they have for whoever is in office always has that tinge to it.

They are genuinely surprised, all these Obama voters, and the closet Romney voters.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
My time in ATL felt like a city of black excellence. All the nicest cars, you look inside and its a black person driving it.
Nicest houses you drive by and its black people living there.
Thats probably what they see and felt some way about. A metropolis with a bunch of black folks doing fine.
They used to black people being regulated to parts of town they don't go to
A chick from Cleveland said something similar, blacks stay where they live and you see them nowhere else, not like that in atlanta

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Oh, that's what happened to him. Not surprised. Dude had his share of :dame: moments on Workaholics.

Even got worse on the Die Hard Knock Off that cast did.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
They say the south is more racist than the north but I think it’s reversed . Iv always felt more comfortable in cities like Atlanta, Memphis, St. Louis . Where there is a numbers advantage. I felt super exposed when I lived in nj for a year . I was in Princeton NJ but still
Southerners literally won’t let the confederate die..

That’s enough to make them the most racist for me