Avengers 3 and 4 are the ultimate cinematic experience ever.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Now that we've had time to let it breathe.

Is the Infinity Saga the peak of the Hollywood blockbuster experience?

The hype at the time was unmatched. I know Star Wars was a phenom at its time, but for Avengers we had a decade of build up and two of the best movies of all time to wrap it up.

MCU died that day. After Endgame they had nothing left.

The question being: is there any movie experience that comes even close to Infinity War/Endgame?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yep. They managed to draw in people who never gave a shyt about comics. And like you said, the MCU died after Endgame. They will never reach those heights again. It's over.
IW and the last 30 minutes of Endgame were def the pinnacle.

We may never see anythign like that again in our lifetime, at least from Disney.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the 2 times where the entire theater was in unison.

the collective cheer when Thor came down in IW and started giving Thanos that work, the collective gasp when Thanos did the snap. The uncomfortable silence afterwards and people barely speaking when leaving.

The loud cheer when Cap took control on Mjolnir, the collective gasp when "on your left cap" the applause when Black Panther came through the ring. The loud cheer when "Avengers.......Assemble"

yeah this will never happen again in my lifetime

Daps
Reppin
NULL
End Game was garbage.

:yeshrug:

No matter what they did they knew people would eat it up. They half-assed that movie.

After all that they time building. They made a mediocre time travel movie that pretty much negated everything they built.
I agree.People saying the MCU was done with Endgame, but I'd rank it as the 3rd best Avengers film.Only behind Age Of Ultron.Technically it was, but the MCU really blew their load on Infinity War.Endgame was long & dry.I kept dosing off.The final battle was all spectacle, no substance.I felt finessed.