Avengers 3 and 4 are the ultimate cinematic experience ever.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: we talking 50s or 60s, breh?

I'm 47 and still posting ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
7fpk1yW.png

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man I didn't know that :ohhh: I was planning to stop posting when I hit 40. I didn't know I would still be welcome past that age.

With the amount of morons here you'd probably assume they're just young and stupid. Nope, a decent chunk of the board is 40 or older.

The core of the site came from SOHH, which was active 20+ years ago. I joined in 1999.

Fred.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
With the amount of morons here you'd probably assume they're just young and stupid. Nope, a decent chunk of the board is 40 or older.

The core of the site came from SOHH, which was active 20+ years ago. I joined in 1999.

Fred.
25th anniversary? No celebrations? Wtf we doing here Lol

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Now that we've had time to let it breathe.

Is the Infinity Saga the peak of the Hollywood blockbuster experience?

The hype at the time was unmatched. I know Star Wars was a phenom at its time, but for Avengers we had a decade of build up and two of the best movies of all time to wrap it up.

MCU died that day. After Endgame they had nothing left.

The question being: is there any movie experience that comes even close to Infinity War/Endgame?
Spider-Man No Way Home comes close. The in-theater experience was insane

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The way the MCU has fallen off since Endgame is sad.

But you gotta realize that sometimes people (in this case Disney/Marvel) may have just gotten lucky. And that's okay.

They did something no one will probably ever do again on this scale. Not every movie leading up to IW/Endgame was even good. Some were meh to ass, but the buildup and how they set it up was unforgettable and great.

But as with anything, they got big headed and money hungry and thought they could just keep recycling the same shyt, throw shyt at the wall, bring in even lower C to D level characters and make the same magic. And of course focused on volume over quality (typical corporate suit thinking) and ruined what they had.

All I know is that while we'll never see anything on that level again, they do have an opportunity to get close IMO if they setup a great story buildup using the X-Men and having
Onslaught. You can then have the whole Marvel Universe trying to take him out in similar fashion at the end, but they have to do it right.

Onslaught-Reading-Order-Marvel.jpg

Also would not mind Age Of Apocalypse but I know that's a pipe dream :mjcry:

Ridge Forrester

All Star
Daps
It's been almost 5 years since Endgame. I cried the first timw I watched it. :wow:

Marvel could maybe have something like that again with a Mutant Saga, but I don't know.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
You had to see it on IMAX 3D. It was a dope experience in a packed out cinema.

IW was the better of the two, but Endgame was still good especially the final part of the movie.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Endgame was great and was the most hyped up and anticipated movie in history. Grossed 1.2 billion during opening weekend.

Stop trying to be different nikkas

“Hype” and Money made doesn’t equal a good movie.

I never understood that argument in this forum. Most of the DC movies made money. Captain Marvel made a billi. :mjlol:

People, myself included were invested and was gonna watch it no matter what. I left the theatre super underwhelmed. I haven’t thought about that movie since the day I watched it but I’ll run IW back all the time.

I’d watch AOU before I watch that 3 hour visual NyQuil again.

In this is coming from a hardcore Marvel fan.