Avg Person watches 5 hours of TV a day

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do Black people watch the most TV when "Black TV" isn't as strong as it was in the late 90s?

Today there's Empire, Power, Black-ish, Atlanta and that's about it. TBH I don't think Black-ish is that popular in our community yet cause it comes on the same time as Empire :patrice: Survivor's Remorse doesn't seem to have as much buzz as Power despite the fact that they come on the same network back to back.

There was so many black sitcoms in the late 90s, IMO that was the peak of Black TV so I could see this being true back then, but current day? Nah...

Sports, scripted reality TV shows, The news, & the prime time shows that are aimed at everybody. Don't forget birdbrain TV shows like Judge Judy etc etc. Im pretty sure most black TV watchers are not just solely watching black shows

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Sports, scripted reality TV shows, The news, & the prime time shows that are aimed at everybody. Don't forget birdbrain TV shows like Judge Judy etc etc. Im pretty sure most black TV watchers are not just solely watching black shows
Forgot about reality shows :dead:

Those court shows comes on when everyone is at work :manny: well they do in my region at least.

The News, older black ppl yea but younger blacks, I doubt it. I'm 25 and love watching CNN and local news to see what's going on in the world, but I don't the average 18-25er feels the same way :manny:

NBA can make the brehs log up hours quick.

One show that comes to mind that isn't a black show that really popular in the black community is Law & Order SVU :pachaha:well with black woman at least.

Last edited:

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I have a short attention span so I can only watch around 3 hours of scripted shows a day, only show I was able to binge watch was "Sons of Anarchy" any other show I only watch two to three episodes of per day :ld:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
5 hours a day though.... :wow:

I cant even watch 5 minutes of TV anymore after not watching it for so long. People look at you as some sort of weirdo when you tell them you dont watch TV. Or some sort of elitist. The shyt is trash and American TV is Od racist.

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
5 hours a day though.... :wow:

I cant even watch 5 minutes of TV anymore after not watching it for so long. People look at you as some sort of weirdo when you tell them you dont watch TV. Or some sort of elitist. The shyt is trash and American TV is Od racist.

its defo not good to watch that much but most people don't give a shyt unfortunately

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
TV. Only time I watch TV is for basketball and soccer.

For entertainment, Netflix, Amazon, and YouTube are all I need.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i don't, but if you count netflix and videos i watch online... i probably do consume 5 hours of audiovisual media a day.

i basically only watch tv for live sports.