Awards Season: The Road to the 2017 Oscars.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I almost made a fall movie season thread yesterday

My Top 5 Most Anticipated:

La La Land
Arrival
Passengers
A Monster Calls
Nocturnal Animals

#movieclub

Last edited:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Hopefully hell and high water doesn't get forgotten

Bridges is a shoo in for best supporting nom in my book.

Hopefully the movie is as well

Eh, really :patrice:

That would be the weakest nom since Jonah Hill in Moneyball, surely we will get better performance later this year.

For me the only thing that should maybe get a nom is the score.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

That would be the weakest nom since Jonah Hill in Moneyball, surely we will get better performance later this year.

:rudy:
How dare you.

Bridges reaction in the climax is his submission scene.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm checking for Fences hardbody. The Great Debaters and Antoine Fisher were dope, Denzel needs to get his due as a director.
He is underrated is his non action stuff

Going to see it this weekend, should be that good imo.

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Not sure if we have an official thread but "For the Love of Spock"

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Telluride: Casey Affleck Feted as Sundance Sensation 'Manchester By the Sea' Hits the Rockies (Analysis)

Affleck, for his leading role, and Lucas Hedges and Michelle Williams, for their supporting work, appear to be strong contenders for acting Oscar noms.

On Saturday afternoon, the Telluride Film Festival screened a film that caused considerable chatter at the Sundance Film Festival back in January: Kenneth Lonergan's Manchester by the Sea, a drama about how the premature death of a man impacts his brother, played by Casey Affleck (an Oscar nominee for 2007's The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford), and son, played by Lucas Hedges (the very gifted 20-year-old son of About a Boy screenwriter Peter Hedges).

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Is this thread really stickied 6 months before the oscars though :mjlol:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Is this thread really stickied 6 months before the oscars though :mjlol:

Pretty sure this thread is specifying it as 'the road to the Oscars' for a reason.:jbhmm:

You know, because the awards season doesn't begin with the Oscars.:jbhmm:

In fact, one would say the kick-off to the awards season is a certain Top Three film festival in the world that sees the premieres of multiple expected awards contenders such as La La Land, Arrival. Hacksaw Ridge, The Light Between The Oceans as well as continued exposure to high profile movies like Nocturnal Animals as we make our way to TIFF next week, often considered the biggest decider on how certain movies will be received with the Academy.

Of course this wouldn't be news to any true film connoisseur but I guess this is just the continued exposure of your plebian ass as a stupid idiot who lives in a bubble of painfully uninformed mainstream podcasts.:ducreux:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Pretty sure this thread is specifying it as 'the road to the Oscars' for a reason.:jbhmm:

You know, because the awards season doesn't begin with the Oscars.:jbhmm:

In fact, one would say the kick-off to the awards season is a certain Top Three film festival in the world that sees the premieres of multiple expected awards contenders such as La La Land, Arrival. Hacksaw Ridge, The Light Between The Oceans as well as continued exposure to high profile movies like Nocturnal Animals as we make our way to TIFF next week, often considered the biggest decider on how certain movies will be received with the Academy.

Of course this wouldn't be news to any true film connoisseur but I guess this is just the continued exposure of your plebian ass as a stupid idiot who lives in a bubble of painfully uninformed mainstream podcasts.:ducreux:
Mainstream podcast sounds like an oxymoron breh.

But I actually do listen to the indiewire one weekly :umad:

Plus a few other oscar movie ones

Nice job listing 3 of my top 5 most anticipated for the fall season though breh :smugdraper:

And my point was even though i support the premise of the thread having it as a sticky for that long is a bit much

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Mainstream podcast sounds like an oxymoron breh.

But I actually do listen to the indiewire one weekly :umad:

Plus a few other oscar movie ones

Nice job listing 3 of my top 5 most anticipated for the fall season though breh :smugdraper:

And my point was even though i support the premise of the thread having it as a sticky for that long is a bit much

Spoken like a true pleb.