Axelrod: Obama was irritated by Romney's concession call; implied he won because of black voters

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
President Obama was shocked and irritated by Mitt Romney's concession callin the 2012 presidential election—and claimed Romney insinuated that Obama won only by getting out the black vote, according to a new book by presidential campaign strategist David Axelrod.

Obama was "unsmiling during the call, and slightly irritated when it was over," Axelrod writes.

The president hung up and said Romney admitted he was surprised at his own loss, Axelrod wrote.

"'You really did a great job of getting the vote out in places like Cleveland and Milwaukee,' in other words, black people,'" Obama said, paraphrasing Romney. "That's what he thinks this was all about."

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/polit...12-concession-david-axelrod-article-1.2102383

@KingpinOG

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was reading Double Down: Game Change 2012 and Romney's pollsters as well as conservative media pollsters had Romney convinced they were going to win. All the Romney women were in tears when the race was called.

They should have been checking out Nate Silver.

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The sweetest thing about that night was how mad cacs were. It really pushed them over the edge.
Some of my colleagues looked ashen with rage the next day, I was quietly laughing. But the old black dude in manufacturing was gloating loudly :laugh:
The racist posts on twitter, the apocalyptic predictions about the "end of America", etc:mjlol:

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The sweetest thing about that night was how mad cacs were. It really pushed them over the edge.
Some of my colleagues looked ashen with rage the next day, I was quietly laughing. But the old black dude in manufacturing was gloating loudly :laugh:
The racist posts on twitter, the apocalyptic predictions about the "end of America", etc:mjlol:
It was completely out of control. So many people really thought the President would always be white. It made their sick view of the world collapse in to a black hole. Some still can't wake up from the nightmare. "Take back America!" :mjlol:

KingpinOG

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
If Romney would've won would it have been because he got out the white vote?

Yes.

The people chose. Obama won. Why do conservatives like to race bait and practice the politics of division so much?

What the hell are you talking about? Politics is all about demographics and identifying your base and making sure they turn out at the polls. That is why pollsters always break down the voting trends of every racial, gender, socio-economic, etc group. That isn't being divisive it is being smart.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Yes.

What the hell are you talking about? Politics is all about demographics and identifying your base and making sure they turn out at the polls. That is why pollsters always break down the voting trends of every racial, gender, socio-economic, etc group. That isn't being divisive it is being smart.
Black people comprised 13% of the vote in 2012, Skippy.

Even though Obama got 93% of the black vote, obviously the majority of his 66 million votes were non-black. Even if majority black areas in swing states were a big lift, he still doesn't win states like VA, OH, NV, CO, PA, MI, etc. without a lot of non-black votes. I bet some of your inbred family members up there in Ohio voted for him.

Why are conservatives so obsessed with race? Why can't you people look past the color of peoples' skin and at the content of their character like Martin Luther King said?

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Party #1: 55 percent white, 22 percent black, 18 percent Latino and 5 percent Asian.

Party #2: 92 percent white, 3 percent black, 4 percent Latino, <1 percent Asian.

America (2011 census): 62 percent white, 13 percent black, 18 percent Latino, 5 percent Asian.

Wow, I wonder which party is more representative of this country's demographics :laugh:
It's funny how conservatives always ignore the fact that non-whites don't vote republican, regardless of economic status. They keep saying that people vote democratic because they want "handouts".
Yet, rich blacks, Latinos, Asians and Jews avoid their ass.
Besides, poor people rarely vote anyway. They always have the lowest participation rates in elections. It's the middle and upper-middle class folks who consistently vote.

Yeah, it's really shocking that non-whites avoid a party that attracts the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Cliven Bundy, David Duke, Pat Buchanan and Ted Nugent.:ohhh:

Last edited:

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What did Romney say that wasn't true?

:comeon:

Don't front like you don't know this is about. It about him being salty he lost and throwing shade by throwings subs(you won just because of the black vote).
Not whether the statement is factually true.

KingpinOG

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
Black people comprised 13% of the vote in 2012, Skippy.

Even though Obama got 93% of the black vote, obviously the majority of his 66 million votes were non-black. Even if majority black areas in swing states were a big lift, he still doesn't win states like VA, OH, NV, CO, PA, MI, etc. without a lot of non-black votes. I bet some of your inbred family members up there in Ohio voted for him.

Why are conservatives so obsessed with race? Why can't you people look past the color of peoples' skin and at the content of their character like Martin Luther King said?

Who said anything about race? Mitt Romney didn't. All he said was that Obama won because he was able to turn out his base in the key Democrat strongholds in Ohio and Wisconsin.

I know that you left wingers have a perpetual need to be outraged about dumb shyt but this is stupid even by your standards.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Who said anything about race? Mitt Romney didn't. All he said was that Obama won because he was able to turn out his base in the key Democrat strongholds in Ohio and Wisconsin.

I know that you left wingers have a perpetual need to be outraged about dumb shyt but this is stupid even by your standards.
:heh: