Axelrod: Obama was irritated by Romney's concession call; implied he won because of black voters

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I am just basing my argument on the Financial Times article that I posted above. The Financial Times is a prominent financial newspaper and according to them black wealth has fallen more under Obama than any other president since than the depression. If that is true, why are black people who support Obama voting against their own economic interests?

In my opinion, Democrats have done a good job at getting their base of low information voters worked up over frivolous, often false claims. For black people, a lot of these false claims involve race. For example, Democrats have convinced many black people that Republicans are trying to stop them from voting. And then you have MSNBC and left wing blogs inventing racism out of thin air (like the Romney story in this thread) by claiming Republicans are talking in secret code language and dog whistles that only liberals can properly decipher. The more you get voters to focus on nonsense like that the less they will focus on the disastrous effects of the Democrats' policies. Keeping black people poor and dependent upon government ensures that they are then dependent on the Democrat party.

Thankfully the American people woke up in 2014 and rejected the scare tactics and fear mongering coming from Democrats in a landslide. Unless you believe that Republicans somehow gerrymandered the Senate.

But...everyone's wealth plummeted after the great recession. I don't see the point in blaming the guy who happened to be in office at the time. There's literally nothing McCain could have done to stop it in 2009 either....