B.O.B. – New Black (Addresses Michael Brown shooting, violence...)

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
What was said
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.30254/title.b-o-b-deletes-tweets-regarding-twitter-activism
"All nikkaz gon do is TWEET!!" he originally tweeted. "Y'all ain't gonna REVOLT!!! I bet y'all won't overthrow the government of nothing!! All you gonna do is TWEET!"

B.o.B. also attempted to point out what he believed was hypocrisy between certain circumstances of crime and punishment and the Michael Brown case.

"So Antwon will shoot 12 people in a week and y'all be like "FREE TWON!" a cop shoot a nikka and y'all riot... ok... #facts," he said. Now all tweets on the matter are gone. HotNewHipHoprecently presented screenshots of the tweets that were deleted shortly after they were posted.

Bob_tweet.jpg

Bob_tweet_2.jpg

cole makin a heart felt song and going down there with the people > airplanes and unicorns turned lemme try to go make a club banger turned lemme criticize people B.O.B.

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Antwon will shoot 12 people in a week and y'all be like "FREE TWON!" a cop shoot a nikka and y'all riot

Don't he know Antwon is in jail along with five of his nikkas, who didn't shoot anybody, but were charged as accomplices? :what:

Don't he know that the cousin of the nikka Antwon shot is gonna try and get revenge by killing the brother of the third "accomplice", therefore putting the cousin and three of his friends behind bars as well? :what:

Meanwhile Darren Wilson, a person in a position of authority, is chilling somwhere free after murdering an unarmed teen that had surrendered..and we should "stop protesting"? :what:

:mjlol:

Fukk Bob...and this is from someone who likes his music

phxdown

Pro
Daps
All the problems facing Black Americans are American problems not just black problems that black people have to fix. I wish more people, including Bobby Ray, would acknowledge this. Miss me with the whataboutism re: black on black crime. People care that a someone who serves and protects allegedly killed an unarmed kid for no reason.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Although I agree that temporary reactionary activism is in most cases pointless, I think shytting in people for taking part is also pointless. It's far better to encourage people when they do take those first steps in order to establish momentum rather than criticize them for not doing more. Nurture what people are doing right in order to make it more commonplace. Nobody is gonna wake up and go from zero to a hundred on the revolutionary tip, everybody needs a starting point to get involved.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
so is he addressing fans or other rappers :sas2:

I wonder what type of music these new blacks like to support and listen to :sas2:

10 seconds in and I see a rifle in a females hands :sas2:

are "New Blacks" cool with gang members :sas2:

I heard "Free Hardo" in this song. Didn't Hardo get caught with some heroin in a car and said that it was one of his homeboys. A "New Black" would look down upon this statement from T.I right :sas2: