B.O.B. – New Black (Addresses Michael Brown shooting, violence...)

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
First verse was defensive as hell....:russ:

These rappers are too self conscious to actually put out something progressive. He's spewing the same rhetoric as Anthony Cumia.

These dudes buying into media narratives....:snoop:

If this is what the "new black" is I want no part of any of it. I'd rather struggle on my own than put any effort into this "we'z our own worst enemy" shyt.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Good song that raised some valid points... But the timing is abhorrent and serves as a red herring and distraction to real social injustice and justified rage..

The funny thing is he is chastising Blacks for only complaining when something bad happens at the hands of whites...But why does he wait till Blacks start complaining until he makes a song like this?

He's got one foot on the c00n train..But his heart might be in the right place, I'm not gonna totally throw him in the bushes quiet yet..

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
c00n train is commming

c00n train is commming

c00n train is commming

c00n train is commming

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Good song that raised some valid points... But the timing is abhorrent and serves as a red herring and distraction to real social injustice and justified rage..

The funny thing is he is chastising Blacks for only complaining when something bad happens at the hands of whites...But why does he wait till Blacks start complaining until he makes a song like this?

He's got one foot on the c00n train..But his heart might be in the right place, I'm not gonna totally throw him in the bushes quiet yet..

Not sure if you know the full context but his heart doesn't appear to be in the right place. This is a direct response to him getting shytted on on Twitter for "What about black on black crime"-ing the Ferguson protests. He's in his feelings now...

"So Antwon will shoot 12 people in a week and tall [y'all] be like 'FREE TWON!' a cop shoot a n---a and ya'll riot.…ok….#facts," tweeted Bobby Ray Friday (Aug. 15) afternoon.

He went after Twitter activists next, concluding that nothing would actually come out of the tweets he's apparently seen online. "ya'll ain't gonna REVOLT!!! I bet ya'll won't overthrow the government of nothing!! All you gonna do is TWEET!":wtf:

http://www.bet.com/news/music/2014/08/18/b-o-b-deletes-tweets-michael-brown.html