Back to School shopping is ridiculous now

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Yeah, man. If I knew back then what I know now, I'd have racks on racks in the bank.

Changed my mindset so much to where I make it a point to teach my youth money management classes in Goodwill clothes. Outfit (minus shoes) cost no more than $50.

You’re traumatizing your child with that goodwill stuff. You need to teach them a) the value of money, and b) how to take care of their things.

I was raised in a house where my grandmother who purchased her living room set in the late 70s, and it’s still in fantastic condition.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Your fault for not preparing. You should always stack up on clothes for your kids during sale seasons. You should have a good idea about how much they will grow.

I advise you find jacket's for your boys now and winter clothes. Be ahead of the game.

Also stop buying clothes in large bulks, let them buy them in pieces every 4-6 months, they'll appreciate those clothes and actually wear them instead of having some worn once or twice.

You should also expect to have to buy like 2-3 pairs a shoe a year so when those deals hitting :ufdup: Better be on your Indian cheap shyt top of the line discounts

Last edited:

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
funny you say that. I was just about to put all my old notebooks up on my store for the season.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
This been the biggest bullshyt myth. :mjlol:

I worked as a manager at a Nike Outlet back in the day. Everything that came in was out of season clothes.
Yeah I’m not going to have this conversation with you.

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
You’re traumatizing your child with that goodwill stuff. You need to teach them a) the value of money, and b) how to take care of their things.

I was raised in a house where my grandmother who purchased her living room set in the late 70s, and it’s still in fantastic condition.

Traumatizing? Nah, but I agree with teaching my children the governance of money.

Speaking for myself, I feel that, in my youth, I placed too much importance, time and money into having the latest and greatest clothes.

We can agree to disagree tho.

Last edited:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
I am a fantastic parent. I have an entire basement filled with .10 cent notebooks from Walmart. I have binders in my trunk. Pencils, and pens that I buy every fukking week just because I can.

I remember being so poor I had to use one notebook for the entire school year. Education is very important to me.
Not questioning the quality of your parenting. Just surprised that anyone would be back to school shopping the 2nd week if July. Didn't school just get out not even a month ago?

Enjoy the summer:salute:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
nothing wrong with dropping dough on a good backpack, and $40 isn't a lot (my backpack in business school was $80, $60 shoulder bag in college) better off buying one that will last years vs. buying new cheap backpacks every year.

as for clothes, kids need relatively cheap shyt, they mess up clothing and grow out of it too fast. old navy, sales at gap jcp macy's, and target are good enough...if you got patience, i guess the tj max, marshalls, ross is the move but i don't fukk with those stores outside of picking up stuff for the house