"BAD BOYS III" is coming. Martin's Facebook Post gets over 1 Million Likes

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Bad-Boys-Blu-ray.jpg

11 years ago today, Bad Boys II was released in theaters. Feelin’ it’s about time for number 3… what do you think Will Smith?

So that basically means we getting a "Bad Boys" movie the last 3 decades:

BAD BOYS = 90's (95)
BAD BOYS II = 00's (03)
BAD BOYS III = 10's (16/17?)

It's been 11 Years since the sequel and 19 years since the original. It looks like the time is finally coming for Mike Lowery and Marcus Bernett to give us one last adventure. Martin Lawrence celebrated the 11th Anniversary of the sequel. In his post he said that now it's finally time for Him and Will to join forces for "Bad Boys III". Michael Bay plate is now empty on the Directing front as he finished filming "Transformers 4" and the next one isn't coming out for 3 years till 2017. He's still producing a ton of projects though. With "Transformers 4" headed for 1 Billion at the Box Office. Bay can now do another project before working on "Transformers 5" which he hasn't confirmed if he will direct.

That leaves him room to shoot "Bad Boys III" in 2015 (The 20th Anniversary of the Original, His 1st film). That will leave a release date sometime in the late Summer 2016. Will just finished a romantic comedy called "Focus" but his plate as of now is clear as he turned down "Independence Day 2". He's producing his Son's "Karate Kid 2" sequel. Martin hasn't done a movie since 2011's "Big Momma House 3" and "Death at a Funeral". He has an up and coming TV show teaming up with Kesley Grammer called "Partners" but outside of that his plate isn't full. Michael Bay, Will Smith and Martin Lawrence now have the window to get "Bad Boys III" done. I would assume they are waiting on the script at this point. But after Martin's facebook post it's clear. The fans are ready.

20090831_badboys_560x315.jpg

bad-boys-team.jpg

"Bad Boys" made history being the one of the 1st Blockbusters to star Two African American Leads. The Two Films have gross over 400 Million Worldwide and Millions on Home Video. "Bad Boys I and II" are also played on television annually. The films didn't great great reviews with critics but Rotten Tomatoes user ratings have both films at a Fresh 79%.

Last edited:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Loved the first two, but this has a Rush Hour 3 vibe to it :patrice:

Actually "Rush Hour" is basically PG in comparison to the "Bad Boys" Franchise. We are talking Michael Bay completely unadulterated here. You know that thing they call "BAYHAM"., that's the "Bad Boys" series. Violence, Gay Jokes, Crude Humor, Crazy Action, Tons of Gun Fights and Curse words. I get what your saying as far as hoping it's not a lackluster Part III like "Rush Hour" and "Beverly Hills Cop". I liked "Lethal Weapon 3 and 4" even though fans think those two are the weakest chapters. But as far as "Buddy Cop/Team Up" Films. "Bad Boys" Franchise is one of the best of the best. Will and Martin's chemistry was magical. What's so great about the 1st film is they both had two hit TV shows at the time. So them teaming up was a Big deal in the Black Community. But the Pop Culture crowd actually grabbed on to it making it a Surprise Blockbuster Hit in 95. I think this chapter should be the Darkest Chapter yet. Less humor but still funny. I think the bad guy should be dope too and push Mike and Marcus to the edge like never before.

Daps
Actually "Rush Hour" is basically PG in comparison to the "Bad Boys" Franchise. We are talking Michael Bay completely unadulterated here. You know that thing they call "BAYHAM"., that's the "Bad Boys" series. Violence, Gay Jokes, Crude Humor, Crazy Action, Tons of Gun Fights and Curse words. I get what your saying as far as hoping it's not a lackluster Part III like "Rush Hour" and "Beverly Hills Cop". I liked "Lethal Weapon 3 and 4" even though fans think those two are the weakest chapters. But as far as "Buddy Cop/Team Up" Films. "Bad Boys" Franchise is one of the best of the best. Will and Martin's chemistry was magical. What's so great about the 1st film is they both had two hit TV shows at the time. So them teaming up was a Big deal in the Black Community. But the Pop Culture crowd actually grabbed on to it making it a Surprise Blockbuster Hit in 95. I think this chapter should be the Darkest Chapter yet. Less humor but still funny. I think the bad guy should be dope too and push Mike and Marcus to the edge like never before.

I wasn't talking about the vibe of the movie, I was referring to the first two Rush Hours being great with the third one being complete and utter garbage.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I wasn't talking about the vibe of the movie, I was referring to the first two Rush Hours being great with the third one being complete and utter garbage.

The problem with "Rush Hour 3" was Jackie heart wasn't in it. He looked uninspired and Chris jokes were getting a little stale. Believe it or not "Rush Hour 4" is coming. Yes "Part III" are always the most difficult film of a trilogy when following up Two Great previous chapters. "Return of the Jedi" is a Classic yet it still wasn't better than "Star Wars" or "Empire Strikes Back". "Back to the Future III" didn't live up to the 1st two. "Matrix Revolutions" obviously didn't hold a candle to the original or "Reloaded". I thought "Die Hard 3" delivered but a lot of Die Hard purist will put 1 and 2 over it easily. Rambo III was weak compared to the first too. "Terminator III" did not deliver. So I agree, I hope they don't mess it up which is why the script has to be DARK in this version. The Bad Boys have to be pushed to their limits.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Martin Lawrence
1,100,960 others like this.
16 hrs

Bad-Boys-Blu-ray.jpg

11 years ago today, Bad Boys II was released in theaters. Feelin’ it’s about time for number 3… what do you think Will Smith?

So that basically means we getting a "Bad Boys" movie the last 3 decades:

BAD BOYS = 90's (95)
BAD BOYS II = 00's (03)
BAD BOYS III = 10's (16/17?)

It's been 11 Years since the sequel and 19 years since the original. It looks like the time is finally coming for Mike Lowery and Marcus Bernett to give us one last adventure. Martin Lawrence celebrated the 11th Anniversary of the sequel. In his post he said that now it's finally time for Him and Will to join forces for "Bad Boys III". Michael Bay plate is now empty on the Directing front as he finished filming "Transformers 4" and the next one isn't coming out for 3 years till 2017. He's still producing a ton of projects though. With "Transformers 4" headed for 1 Billion at the Box Office. Bay can now do another project before working on "Transformers 5" which he hasn't confirmed if he will direct.

That leaves him room to shoot "Bad Boys III" in 2015 (The 20th Anniversary of the Original, His 1st film). That will leave a release date sometime in the late Summer 2016. Will just finished a romantic comedy called "Focus" but his plate as of now is clear as he turned down "Independence Day 2". He's producing his Son's "Karate Kid 2" sequel. Martin hasn't done a movie since 2011's "Big Momma House 3" and "Death at a Funeral". He has an up and coming TV show teaming up with Kesley Grammer called "Partners" but outside of that his plate isn't full. Michael Bay, Will Smith and Martin Lawrence now have the window to get "Bad Boys III" done. I would assume they are waiting on the script at this point. But after Martin's facebook post it's clear. The fans are ready.

20090831_badboys_560x315.jpg

"Bad Boys" made history being the 1st Blockbuster to feature Star Two African American Leads. The Two Films have gross over 400 Million Worldwide and Millions on Home Video. "Bad Boys I and II" are also played on television annually. The films didn't great great reviews with critics but Rotten Tomatoes user ratings have both films at a Fresh 79%.

This ain't new news, Sony already hired a writer for "Bad Boys III" back in December:
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/dead...riter-david-guggenheim-for-bad-boys-3.171742/

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This ain't new news, Sony already hired a writer for "Bad Boys III" back in December:
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/dead...riter-david-guggenheim-for-bad-boys-3.171742/

Actually he's off the project now and working on something else. Sony has hired writers as far back as 2009 but Will, Martin, Jerry and Bay have not agreed on a script yet. Jerry's last interview stated there is an outline and he's hoping a script will be done by Sept/Oct at the end of the summer.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
hopefully Martin gets in shape for it

dont want to see the FAT martin in an action flick

Here's how he looks now before his new show with Kelsey Grammer. He looks pretty thin to me:

martin-lawrence-kelsey-grammer.jpg

I don't see him getting down to his "Bad Boys", "Martin" 90's era weight so we can forget it:

tumblr_lp0ow6MI631r0otgmo1_1280.jpg

W2W-Sky-Modern-Greats-Bad-Boys-Will-Smith-Martin-Lawrence-Wk-31-Jul09-6.jpg