"BAD BOYS III" is coming. Martin's Facebook Post gets over 1 Million Likes

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
bad6.gif

:blessed:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

Yes David did a draft but I read reports he's off the projects cause he's working on 2 other screenplays so as of now Jerry Bruckheimer the producer said they only have an Outline. In screenplays terms that just a basic plot structure of the story without the full screenplay. So if David turned in a Draft it probably was turn down by Will, Martin and Bay since he doing other screenplays now. Peter Craig who wrote "The Town" and "The Hunger Games" sequels was the 1st writer attached and he turned in a draft too.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Michael Bay is an offensively terrible director who I'm convinced is making intentionally terrible movies as part of a grand plan to simultaneously troll critics and insult his audience.

Either that or he's just a hack.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

the score is only one of the reason why the movie is better because it enhanced the action scenes and chases

Yeah the Score was Fantastic in "Bad Boys I". I think Dr. Dre did some of the score for "Bad Boys II" and it just sounded like some his throwaway Hip Hop beats. They need to get Marc Mancina to come back to finish off the Trilogy. As far as which film is better. I feel "Bad Boys I" had better jokes and it was a better constructed film overall. Bad Boys II was Epic but about 15-20 minutes longer than it should of been. Bay really knows how to drag out a movie. But in no way is it seeing "Bad Boys II" as far as Epic Action Scene's. The Biggest Scene in the film is the Air Hanger Explosion. Bad Boys II had the Highway Chase, The Gun Fight with the Haitains and the Cuba Hummer Chantey Town scene, just so many great gun fights and actions scenes.

badboys-score.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah the Score was Fantastic in "Bad Boys I". I think Dr. Dre did some of the score for "Bad Boys II" and it just sounded like some his throwaway Hip Hop beats. They need to get Marc Mancina to come back to finish off the Trilogy. As far as which film is better. I feel "Bad Boys I" had better jokes and it was a better constructed film overall. Bad Boys II was Epic but about 15-20 minutes longer than it should of been. Bay really knows how to drag out a movie. But in no way is it seeing "Bad Boys II" as far as Epic Action Scene's. The Biggest Scene in the film is the Air Hanger Explosion. Bad Boys II had the Highway Chase, The Gun Fight with the Haitains and the Cuba Hummer Chantey Town scene, just so many great gun fights and actions scenes.

badboys-score.gif

That's the thing Bad Boys II didn't have a score, the term for what they use is called needle drop, where they just play songs over the scene

a score is original music composed to the film to enhance tension and emotions, like in the chase music you can tell when the action picks up and when it dies down based on the music because it was written to he actual scene not just copy and pasted over it

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes David did a draft but I read reports he's off the projects cause he's working on 2 other screenplays so as of now Jerry Bruckheimer the producer said they only have an Outline. In screenplays terms that just a basic plot structure of the story without the full screenplay. So if David turned in a Draft it probably was turn down by Will, Martin and Bay since he doing other screenplays now. Peter Craig who wrote "The Town" and "The Hunger Games" sequels was the 1st writer attached and he turned in a draft too.

That's not how it works. He did a draft. They'll go and hire probably 3 to 4 other writers to do a draft. They may work off of what Guggenheim did or have explicit notes to go another direction and keep other elements of the plot/structure. Guggenheim might even be brought back in to do another pass when he is free. There will be several writers brought in before the project is green lit. And even a few more brought in during production to do tweaks on dialogue and plot. Rarely ever is there only ONE WRITER used on a big budget screenplay. And even if you see only one writer credited, normally there are a few other writers who did uncredited work on the screenplay.

Plus WILL SMITH has major input on the script, and he will have one of his personal favorite writers do a pass on the script, like he does with all movies he stars in.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
@Rapmastermind is clearly on the Bad Boys III street team.

I can't take this thread seriously anymore.

Street Team? No, Nobody paying me. Just a fan of the series. And I'm obviously not alone as Martin Post is now approaching 1.5 Million Likes for people wanting "Bad Boys III". This is a franchise that the fans enjoy cause Martin and Will have an amazing Chemistry. Also Michael Bay knows how to make an action pack movie.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
That's not how it works. He did a draft. They'll go and hire probably 3 to 4 other writers to do a draft. They may work off of what Guggenheim did or have explicit notes to go another direction and keep other elements of the plots/structure. Guggenheim might even be brought back in to do another pass when he is free. There will be several writers brought in before the project is green lit. And even a few more brought in during production to do tweaks on dialogue and plot. Rarely ever is there only ONE WRITER used on a big budget screenplay. And even if you see only one credited it, normally a few other writers did uncredited work on the screenplay.

I know this but a lot the times they will scrap certain writers drafts all together. David's draft may not end up even being used. As I said Peter Craig was on before David since 2009, his Draft could of been scraped. Based on what I'm hearing there basically back to the drawing board and that was from Jerry's own mouth. But yes, many blockbusters go through serveral re-writes. "Bad Boys" had about 3 writers, "Bad Boys II" had about 4.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, they could scrap his whole draft. But don't believe they are in only the outline phase. They are looking at scripts and probably meeting with new writers to do new drafts as of right now.

As July 7 2014

Producer
Name
Credit
Credited As
Jerry Bruckheimer Producer
Writer
Name
Credit
Credited As
David Guggenheim Screenplay (current draft)

Also Brucheimer is going to downplay how far they are on the project until they are approaching the green lit. To keep fans expectations low. These things move quickly. If Martin made that post about Bad Boys 3 it's because he got the word that the studio, producers, Will Smith, and Michael Bay, are thinking about moving on the project. Especially since this is the first time in a decade all their calenders are free.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Yes, they could scrap his whole draft. But don't believe they are in only the outline phase. They are looking at scripts and probably meeting with new writers to do new drafts as of right now.

As July 7 2014

Producer
Name
Credit
Credited As
Jerry Bruckheimer Producer
Writer
Name
Credit
Credited As
David Guggenheim Screenplay (current draft)

Also Brucheimer is going to downplay how far they are on the project until they are approaching the green lit. To keep fans expectations low. These things move quickly. If Martin made that post about Bad Boys 3 it's because he got the word that the studio, producers, Will Smith, and Michael Bay, are thinking about moving on the project. Especially since this is the first time in a decade all their calenders are free.

Yeah the timing of the Facebook Post makes me think they all got the call. I'm sure Michael Bay made it known that "Bad Boys III" is his next film before he does "Transformers 5". And your right, it's crazy but this is literally the 1st time Will, Martin and Michael Bay calendars are free in the last 11 years since "Bad Boys II".

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This move actually makes sense for all parties. Will is being cautious with the roles he's taking, especially after the critical drubbing he got for AFTER EARTH. As you saw he dropped out of that some-what NEWISH director's first big budget film. He's being careful with his brand and wants a hit,. Michael Bay, re-uniting with Will and Martin to a beloved franchise is as close to a guarantee the movie will be a hit as you will get. Makes sense for WILL SMITH. Plus Bay is fond of the franchise and loves working with Will and Martin.