Baldur’s Gate 3 Dev Is Working On Two New Games Based On Its Own IP

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

In a developer update on Steam, Larian detailed some of the new content coming in Baldur's Gate 3's seventh patch, including an expanded conclusion for the evil route. But it also divulged a few details about what else it's working on. As the studio's already said, it's not working on a big expansion or DLC for the game, nor is it working on a fourth game set in the Wizards of the Coast universe. Instead, the team is looking to work on its own IP and has two games in the works. These projects are still in the "early days," but Larian says the development sensibilities that made Baldur's Gate 3 such a hit are still in place.

"I don't know if we're going to pull it off, but looking at our narrative, visual, and gameplay plans, I think what we're working on now will be our best work ever," CEO Swen Vincke said in the post. "I get excited like a kid watching the key imagery, want to show it to everyone now, and grumble in frustration at having to wait until it's actually all working. Yes, it's hype, but it's hype because it really looks and feels good."

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It doesn't say "new IP" so that insinuates that they are going back to divinity and honestly that's a step back to me. Hopefully they are new IPs entirely

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It doesn't say "new IP" so that insinuates that they are going back to divinity and honestly that's a step back to me. Hopefully they are new IPs entirely

Well i assume they aren’t making two divinity games, so at least one has to be new

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
It’s good that they are not working with the confines of Wizards of the Coast universe. With their own IP it opens up opportunities to go grander in scale. Initially he said their next game would be smaller in scale but guess they have changed their mind considering he is now saying this will be their best game ever.:wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s good that they are not working with the confines of Wizards of the Coast universe. With their own IP it opens up opportunities to go grander in scale. Initially he said their next game would be smaller in scale but guess they have changed their mind considering he is now saying this will be their best game ever.:wow:

Whenever they announce their new game it will officially be GTA6 level hype for me. Like i don’t even care about gta like that, this would be my equivalent

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Right? All they’ve done was swords and Shields. I wish they would make Shadowrun but they want something original. Can’t fault them for that :hubie:

I was just thinking if they did a Shadowrun game it would be amazing

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Bethesda and MS should had thrown the bank at them to remake the first 2 fallout games :wow:
That shyt would be dope. But we won’t see another Fallout game until 2030 at the earliest.