Xbox confirms it's banning Baldur's Gate 3 players for auto-uploading spicy clips

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Brother I’m not arguing with you, this thread was made on some Stan shyt now I’m here to be devil’s advocate
I don't deny that, which is why this was my response to Sony stans

Sony has been much stricter than both Nintendo and Microsoft when it comes to nudity in games, so they really aren't much better.

I'm just giving my criticism because I feel like it's warranted in this case.

It's ridiculous that you can get banned for simply pressing the share button in a game approved by microsoft.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
I don't deny that, which is why this was my response to Sony stans

I'm just giving my criticism because I feel like it's warranted in this case.

It's ridiculous that you can get banned for simply pressing the share button in a game approved by microsoft.
Nah you 100 percent correct and thank you for having this dialogue without the usual nonsense we see in the arcadium. That’s literally all I be wanting

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah the thread is some stan shyt considering that there wasn't any threads criticizing sony for flat out censoring games for years. But that doesn't change the fact that this is a stupid policy from microsoft and needs to be adjusted.
To change the ”policy” would be to stop the share button from functioning the way people expect it to for everyone just to prevent a few mistakes.

Other games have nudity and we never heard of a problem with them. These are people who uploaded bear sex on purpose then wanted to pretend they don’t understand how the “share” button works.

For the few that truly made a mistake microsoft has been responsive in reinstating them explaining to them what happened and how to prevent it in the future. It’s not like it’s permanent bans or people losing their account or anything. Worst case is people learned their lesson and use the service the way they agreed to use it.

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Sigh I should be banned for using a built in feature for a game I payed for.. on a consiole I paid for and a service I pay for.. and y’all think that’s ok :obama: you got it bruh

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sigh I should be banned for using a built in feature for a game I payed for.. on a consiole I paid for and a service I pay for.. and y’all think that’s ok :obama: you got it bruh
You post nudity to pretty much any social media platform you will be banned. You literally sign up for the terms when u make you account

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’m just going by the article I don’t have an Xbox.. unless I’m misreading shyt :manny:
There is a button on the controller named “share” you hit that button as a one button quick way to upload media to your Xbox account.

The “automatic“ part is people pretending they didn’t know that the ”share” button actually shares the content :stopitslime:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
To change the ”policy” would be to stop the share button from functioning the way people expect it to for everyone just to prevent a few mistakes.

Other games have nudity and we never heard of a problem with them. These are people who uploaded bear sex on purpose then wanted to pretend they don’t understand how the “share” button works.

For the few that truly made a mistake microsoft has been responsive in reinstating them explaining to them what happened and how to prevent it in the future. It’s not like it’s permanent bans or people losing their account or anything. Worst case is people learned their lesson and use the service the way they agreed to use it.
All they have to do is update the system so captures aren't automatically uploaded to the cloud by default. It should be a setting you have to personally turn on, and should come with warnings about the potential of getting your account banned for saving certain types of content.

Getting banned for having explicit content saved to a private cloud server is something I've never heard of from any of the main cloud service providers, especially when it's content approved by the provider. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people banned didn't even know they were doing something that could result in a ban.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It would be like your apple ID getting banned because you filmed a freak video with your girl and it automatically uploaded to your private icloud account.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
All they have to do is update the system so captures aren't automatically uploaded to the cloud by default. It should be a setting you have to personally turn on, and should come with warnings about the potential of getting your account banned for saving certain types of content.
The button has been functioning this way for almost a decade. It’s the entire reason the controller has a dedicated button to share content. You don’t have to go to a menu or take any extra steps. You hit “share” and your content is shared.

To change that default to “off” would change the way people have grown accustomed to using the function and cause millions of people to have to go in and change something to fix a “problem” that very few will experience.

Maybe a disclaimer at the beginning of Mature rated games would suffice, but changing the entire function of the button seems to be a bit too much for such a small problem.
Getting banned for having explicit content saved to a private cloud server is something I've never heard of from any of the main cloud service providers, especially when it's content approved by the provider. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people banned didn't even know they were doing something that could result in a ban.
I’m not sure where u got this from but this isn’t happening on Xbox

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It would be like your apple ID getting banned because you filmed a freak video with your girl and it automatically uploaded to your private icloud account.
No, it wouldn’t. This is not how it works.

This would be like going live with your freak video as a live story then saying “oh I didn’t know it would be uploaded” :stopitslime: