Xbox confirms it's banning Baldur's Gate 3 players for auto-uploading spicy clips

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Sounds like set hopping to me, you claim bear in name but you rep marsupial :mjpls:

200w.gif

The only flag I'm claiming is the leave in me mouth :wow:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I don't own an Xbox, but their own FAQ seems to say Automatic Upload is 'on' by default

Captures made on Xbox consoles get automatically uploaded to the Xbox network. If you’re using the Xbox mobile app, you’ll get a notification there when your latest capture is ready to view and share.

You can delete captures from the Xbox network, your console, or both. To turn off automatic uploading from your console, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Profile & system > Settings > Preferences > Capture & share > Automatically upload.

it's not clear if people being banned/suspended actually chose to 'share' their clips, but the assumption seems to be they are getting flagged for just uploading these clips. if that's the case, there's a few opportunities here for Microsoft to do better:

• they shouldn't be that worried about content no one else can see. if people are choosing to 'share' this content, that's a different story. if they want to remove it from their servers, that's fine, but there shouldn't be harsh consequences from situation that couldn't affect anyone else
  • a warning should pop-up if you're auto-uploading content from an M rated game
  • Automatic Upload should be disabled by default, and you should get a warning about banned content when you turn it 'on'
  • if someone does share content like this, they should get a warning, letting them know what they did wrong, and that there will be consequences if they do it again. and of course the content should be removed

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
If that's the case then it's even more stupid for microsoft to ban accounts for uploading screenshots of authentic licensed xbox games to a private cloud server. It would be understandable if these game captures were viewable publicly.
Or maybe not upload a sex scene on a social platform.. like what are we talking about if you recorded a sex scene and put it in the feed you deserve to get banned.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Or maybe not upload a sex scene on a social platform.. like what are we talking about if you recorded a sex scene and put it in the feed you deserve to get banned.
You just said captures aren't automatically added to the feed. This article isn't about people purposely uploading sex scene onto social media, it's about people getting their accounts banned because of a feature of the console automatically uploading to a private server according to you.

I've never heard of anyone getting their playstation account banned for using the share button to take a screenshot of nudity in a playstation game and saving it in the cloud.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I don't own an Xbox, but their own FAQ seems to say Automatic Upload is 'on' by default

it's not clear if people being banned/suspended actually chose to 'share' their clips, but the assumption seems to be they are getting flagged for just uploading these clips. if that's the case, there's a few opportunities here for Microsoft to do better:

• they shouldn't be that worried about content no one else can see. if people are choosing to 'share' this content, that's a different story. if they want to remove it from their servers, that's fine, but there shouldn't be harsh consequences from situation that couldn't affect anyone else
  • a warning should pop-up if you're auto-uploading content from an M rated game
  • Automatic Upload should be disabled by default, and you should get a warning about banned content when you turn it 'on'
  • if someone does share content like this, they should get a warning, letting them know what they did wrong, and that there will be consequences if they do it again. and of course the content should be removed
Exactly, nobody should get banned for using a feature that works out the box when microsoft gives no warning about the possibility of getting banned if you happen to hit the share button at the wrong time.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
You just said captures aren't automatically added to the feed. This article isn't about people purposely uploading sex scene onto social media, it's about people getting their accounts banned because of a feature of the console automatically uploading to a private server according to you.

I've never heard of anyone getting their playstation account banned for using the share button to take a screenshot of nudity in a playstation game and saving it in the cloud.
So what would be somebody’s reasoning for recording a sex scene? Sound like some virgins. I don’t see what the issue is.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
So what would be somebody’s reasoning for recording a sex scene? Sound like some virgins. I don’t see what the issue is.
Who cares? If the console allows it and nobody else can see it, what's the issue?

Why do they even have that as a feature that's on by default if certain games approved by microsoft can result in your account getting banned?

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Who cares? If the console allows it and nobody else can see it, what's the issue?

Why do they even have that as a feature that's on by default if certain games approved by microsoft can result in your account getting banned?
:manny: cause and effect.. I ain’t mad at it

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN

And yea it might be on by default but Xbox ain’t automatically recording a sex scene.. you have to press a button for it to record anything