Xbox confirms it's banning Baldur's Gate 3 players for auto-uploading spicy clips

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
You tired of Microsoft all in the videooos, banning...

UadHTM.gif

If you want titties, bear sex and sloppy from a Drow, come to PS5!

unfuy.gif
This would work but Sony can be stupid with their bans

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You tired of Microsoft all in the videooos, banning...

UadHTM.gif

If you want titties, bear sex and sloppy from a Drow, come to PS5!

unfuy.gif
Sony has been much stricter than both Nintendo and Microsoft when it comes to nudity in games, so they really aren't much better.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’m pretty sure you can’t post nudity to your PSN profile either.

People are complaining here that the pictures were “automatically” uploaded to their profile when they hit the “share” button then they got banned.

Excuse me, but if i ever hit the SHARE button, the presumption is that the pictures will be SHARED.

But as always when it comes to xbox everything gets overblown to ridiculousness.

A writer needed some clicks and a sony stan needed some daps, so here we are :francis:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I’m pretty sure you can’t post nudity to your PSN profile either.

People are complaining here that the pictures were “automatically” uploaded to their profile when they hit the “share” button then they got banned.

Excuse me, but if i ever hit the SHARE button, the presumption is that the pictures will be SHARED.

But as always when it comes to xbox everything gets overblown to ridiculousness.

A writer needed some clicks and a sony stan needed some daps, so here we are :francis:
According to the article the problem is that xbox uploads content automatically by default, so if you didn't disable the feature, your console could automatically upload something that's against terms of service.

Playstation doesn't upload pictures and clips of gameplay automatically by default.

"Unfortunately, it appears Microsoft won't be using the occasion as an opportunity to reflect on and adjust its policies and practices - to, say, make auto upload an opt-in feature rather than an opt-out one, or to disable auto-uploads for mature-rated games - and is, instead continuing to place the burden of responsibility on players."

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
According to the article the problem is that xbox uploads content automatically by default, so if you didn't disable the feature, your console could automatically upload something that's against terms of service.

Playstation doesn't upload pictures and clips of gameplay automatically by default.

"Unfortunately, it appears Microsoft won't be using the occasion as an opportunity to reflect on and adjust its policies and practices - to, say, make auto upload an opt-in feature rather than an opt-out one, or to disable auto-uploads for mature-rated games - and is, instead continuing to place the burden of responsibility on players."
It’s not “automatic”

You have to hit the “share” button.

I’m pretty sure playstation works the same way.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It’s not “automatic”

You have to hit the “share” button.

I’m pretty sure playstation works the same way.
Hitting the share button on ps5 doesn’t automatically share anything. It just saves screenshots and clips onto your console, from there you have the option to manually share content to social media or friends.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Hitting the share button on ps5 doesn’t automatically share anything. It just saves screenshots and clips onto your console, from there you have the option to manually share content to social media or friends.
It’s called the “share” button.

They literally added an entire button to your controller to “share” shyt.

PSN stuff isn’t automatic cause you gotta pay for it.

Nobody got banned for BG3 bear dikks that didn’t think they were actually sharing content.

Stop it :stopitslime:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It’s called the “share” button.

They literally added an entire button to your controller to “share” shyt.

PSN stuff isn’t automatic cause you gotta pay for it.

Nobody got banned for BG3 bear dikks that didn’t think they were actually sharing content.

Stop it :stopitslime:
I don't know how the share button works on xbox, but on playstation hitting the share button doesn't upload anything to the internet so it apparently doesn't work the same way on both consoles.