Ballet Teacher Is Going Viral After Voicing Her Frustrations With Kids And Parents. "Kids Want To Dance To PoundTown."

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
If you don't want any kids to sign up, then yeah. More modern stuff doesn't just increase interest, you can also make enough money to rival the sports programs too. Plus the kids will benefit. They'll get trips to the Macy's day parade and actually have recognition for their dance and music when applying to college. Then if they want to persue their musical interests at a higher level, they can then study the more "fundamental" (not an accurate term, more historical, any thing can be fundamental) in college

What is this a hallmark movie :heh:

We must've went to very different schools because mine didn't have any problem attracting students to these types of programs so agree to disagree :manny:

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
she is clearly not cut out to work with children.

children are not always well behaved no matter the era. like i said in another thread coaches been cussing out kids for acting up at practice since i was playing little league
I think the point is, when I was a little kid in tap and ballet there was no chance any of us would be telling our instructors that we wanted to dance to Little Kim or something. Do you know how young these girls are? She ain’t talking about 15YO ballet 🩰 students :francis:

Black folks are too drawn to entertainment and a lot of adults are being irresponsible. You shouldn’t be listening to that shyt when your kids are around and you need to monitor what they are doing/watching online.

Successful families severely limit their kids’ time interacting with social media and entertainment in general. Shyt is ridiculous

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
Dance and music classes always face this battle. They want to teach kids classical music and shyt.
Kids find it boring, parents find it boring when they go to the kids dance recitals.

The most popular music programs always incorporate popular music into their programs. My highschool had a marching band that would play Trick Daddy songs and juvenile tracks. we used to go to the football games just to see the band perform and leave after half time.

I get you wanna be a purist and teach traditional stuff, but you would be more successful recruiting kids, and also be the main event if you appeal to modern tastes. you can still sprinkle in some classical stuff
^^^ Nah. I don’t care how modern you try to make it, there is absolutely no way to incorporate SexyyRed, City Girls, and their ilk into ballet. This isn’t a MODERN DANCE class. This is ballet.

Even if she doesn’t continue into HS/college, ballet teaches your daughter how to move gracefully, maintain proper posture, improves her gait, etc. Signs that are a mark of a lady.

Ain’t nothing in hiphop, especially in its current state, geared towards making girls ladylike.
if you work with children you shouldn’t be on social media with your titties out

especially if you want to complain about pound town
^^^You are correct

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
^^^ Nah. I don’t care how modern you try to make it, there is absolutely no way to incorporate SexyyRed, City Girls, and their ilk into ballet. This isn’t a MODERN DANCE class. This is ballet.

as long as you censor the lyrics and don't encourage the kids to be overtly sexual with it, its fine.
they listening to music already anyway if that's what they are requesting. so you not going to save their sensibilities. by pretending otherwise, but you will relate to them better and increase the enjoyment of everyone involved if you don't pretend otherwise.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
She from the area? :ohhh: Feel like I know her.

I do work in the public schools here and yeah, these kids can recite these nasty lyrics but barely know their multiplication tables…

Nasty work out here. But EVERY generation from the dawn of time has been saying what sis is saying. Kids were rappin Lil Kim and Foxxy lyrics when I was growing up.

Oh well, parents have to do better! The community as a whole needs to do better as well

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Ballet is a little different, the kids have to adjust, I went to a piano class when I was in elementary school and the only concessions we got was playing the Charlie Brown and Simpsons theme.

It’s not the kids honestly, what’s the issue is the parents coming behind you and undercutting your plan.

Save $ not Hoes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the community has been failing because we've adopted the cac mentality of mediocrity being acceptable.

it doesnt fukking matter what previous generations of kids did. your kids exist to be better than them, not worse.

so no, fukk you if you raise your kids to listen to pound town. when they get older and turn into aint shyt adults, blame yourself for being a mediocre parent
Exactly goofies on the race to the bottom.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Imagine being dull enough to think listening to one rap song is a kids gateway drug to living a bad life lmao …imagine how worthless of a parent you’d have to be to say that about yourself:deadrose:
Not gonna call the people in here dull. but the sentiment is correct. Them listening to sexy redd or whomever isn't going to ruin their childhood

Last edited:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
You guys ever think that radio stations need to be held accountable, to some level, for what songs they choose to air?

I'm sure these days certain songs or artists can go viral online. But I suspect the majority of songs become popular by air play on the radio.
thats what the FCC is for but its clear that money is steering them not ethics

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
as long as you censor the lyrics and don't encourage the kids to be overtly sexual with it, its fine.
they listening to music already anyway if that's what they are requesting. so you not going to save their sensibilities. by pretending otherwise, but you will relate to them better and increase the enjoyment of everyone involved if you don't pretend otherwise.
I remember you being one of the most vehement defenders of students assaulting their teachers to get their phones back, so it's no surprise to me that you're now here defending kids listening to raunchy rap. That laissez faire, anything goes, undisciplined style of thinking is one of the major reasons our kids are performing so poorly against the rest.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I remember you being one of the most vehement defenders of students assaulting their teachers to get their phones back, so it's no surprise to me that you're now here defending kids listening to raunchy rap. That laissez faire, anything goes, undisciplined style of thinking is one of the major reasons our kids are performing so poorly against the rest.
bs
i never defended students assaulting teachers
I simply said teachers need to find an alternative means of disciplining students that doesn't result in them getting assaulted.
Simply snatching up their phones clearly isn't working how they intend it.

slandering people just because you disagree with their take is fukked up, neg

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps

Here are the opening lyrics to poundtown censored

I'm out of town, thuggin' with my rounds
My coochie pink, my booty-hole brown
Where the nikkas? Come lookin' for the hoes
Quit playin', nikka, come suck a bytch toe

Pound town, just left pound town
With my nikka, he just took a bytch down
Yeah, that nikka dikk a bytch down
Yeah, that nikka eat me out
Pound town, just left pound town
With my nikka, he just took a bytch down
Yeah, that nikka dikk a bytch down
Yeah, that nikka eat me out

Uh, uh, I'm out here in Miami
Lookin' for the hoochie daddies (Where they at?)
Where the nikkas that get ratchet (Where they at?)
My son need a new pappy
Too many bytches, where the nikkas at?
I'm tryna get my coochie scratch (Yeah)
I'm tryna get my coochie stretched (Yeah)
You know them dread heads do it the best (Oh, yeah)

:unimpressed:

We set the standard for the children, not the other way around.

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
bs
i never defended students assaulting teachers
I simply said teacher need to find an alternative means of disciplining students that doesn't result in them getting assaulted.
Simply snatching up their phones clearly isn't working how they intend it.
Same shyt.