Barbers Get Paid Like Shyt (Why Do Beauticians Make More Than Barbers?)

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
don't count other peoples money.

You have no idea how lucrative that industry truly is...You can make a LOT of money, especially if you're good, reliable, and work quickly...

nikkas don't know about the barbershop come up...

My barber pays about 600 month for his chair and after that, he's banking all his profits.

He works 6 days a week, sometimes 5 but he ALWAYS works 12 hour days. 7 am to 7 pm and sometimes he will stay until 9 pm and he is ALWAYS busy. If I don't get there before 10 am, I can easily wait 2 hours for a cut, maybe 3 (fukk that tho). If I gotta wait an hour, I'm out. Just goes to show though.

He charges 20 a head

Do the math

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
nikkas don't know about the barbershop come up...

My pays about 600 month for his chair and after that, he's banking all his profits.

He works 6 days a week, sometimes 5 but he ALWAYS works 12 hour days. 7 am to 7 pm and sometimes he will stay until 9 pm and he is ALWAYS busy. If I don't get there before 10 am, I can easily wait 2 hours for a cut, maybe 3 (fukk that tho). If I gotta wait an hour, I'm out. Just goes to show though.

He charges 20 a head

Do the math

Exactly...

the ones making money are the dudes that got cats lined up by the dozens. Might be in a shop of 8+ barbers but it's always that ONE dude that got it.

He's the one NOT talking on the phone, taking 50-11 smoking/eating breaks, stop cutting to chat. That dude is the one that's there early, and have appointments lined up from time he's there til he's telling people he has no openings today and theres a shop full for HIM.

The hustle where you can "hide/mask" your income is always a good one. Hard to be that BEAST on the side though. You can, but that Friday night, Saturday and Sunday hustle game better be air tight

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Exactly...

the ones making money are the dudes that got cats lined up by the dozens. Might be in a shop of 8+ barbers but it's always that ONE dude that got it.

He's the one NOT talking on the phone, taking 50-11 smoking/eating breaks, stop cutting to chat. That dude is the one that's there early, and have appointments lined up from time he's there til he's telling people he has no openings today and theres a shop full for HIM.

The hustle where you can "hide/mask" your income is always a good one. Hard to be that BEAST on the side though. You can, but that Friday night, Saturday and Sunday hustle game better be air tight
I know this guy at the barbershop down the street and hardly no one goes to his chair. He was so desperate one time him asked me you want me to give you a shape-up. I see the dude walking all the time too.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
:heh: the hell kind of questions is these.

Imagine being the only good barber in a small town or a college campus. Them dudes aint nowhere near broke.

you think chicks who spend 3 hours doing this to ONE chick should get paid less?

IOqDyqZ.jpg
:damn: I love her hair!!!

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
:heh: the hell kind of questions is these.

Imagine being the only good barber in a small town or a college campus. Them dudes aint nowhere near broke.

you think chicks who spend 3 hours doing this to ONE chick should get paid less?

IOqDyqZ.jpg
Looks nice

The Emperor

Paid Agent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd say the fastest a barber could give someone a good haircut is 20 minutes...
$20 for a cut in a major city and packed clientele is $60 bucks an hour.
We factor in losing concentration or being distracted or a slow exchange and we can knock that down to an average of $55 an hour.
For 8 hours a day...

Now you deduct the barbershop chair fee...
I can see a barber in a packed shop a major city making $30 an hour on average after expenses...

I worked with a guy who was literally the only black barber in a small Texas city and he worked part time jobs for the insurance and had his shop hours around his part time job and this dude was PAID.

The Emperor

Paid Agent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My barber makes 1200+ a day on the busiest days Friday, Saturday and Monday

I never been in there without waiting on two or more people each visit.
How much is a cut...
Because unless he's charging $30 for a cut I gotta call bullshyt and bad math...

And even then it's $500 off...

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
How much is a cut...
Because unless he's charging $30 for a cut I gotta call bullshyt and bad math...

And even then it's $500 off...
20 a cut and on busiest days he cut overtime for double so after 5 it's 40 he stays until 7