Beats That Took Multiple Listens For Your Brain To Process

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Some beats are more simple than others.

Some beats you can "get" right away due to how simple or repetitive the melody is.

Like, after 1 single listen you can mimic the beat in your head and remember it well after the song is done playing.

Other beats are not so simple.

Maybe the beats are more complicated or they may be just something so different that it takes multiple listens for your brain to process what you're hearing. Some beats are harder to process and you'll forget what the beat sounds like after the song is finished.

I remember a few beats in particular that hit me like this.

Like, I remember hearing these beats and being so taken aback because they were so....different.

These types of beats are hard to grasp after only 1 listen. I had to hear these beats multiple times to fully absorb them into my memory.

There's many others but these were some of the main ones throughout my life where I was conscious of this happening.

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware

shyt had me and my friends pondering whether it was wack or not good bit Back in 1997

:jbhmm:

I don't think I've ever witnessed such a huge break in the traditional sound then this song right here.

Yea I feel you lol it was almost like "is this a real song? What the fukk is this?"

Then after a while you're like :ohhh::wow: