Being White In Philly

Daps
Reppin
NULL
black unemployment at its highest in decades, but whites are suddenly the latest victims of racism? blacks relegated to menial labor and destitute standards of living, but we're suddenly the ones benefiting in this "post-racial" era at the white man's expense.

i know i shouldn't, but i really hate whites.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Ignore history? They've gone as far as rewriting it altogether. Let them tell you the history of slavery and you would think that we practically begged them to put us on those ships. That article is race baiting at its finest and the comments are completely absurd. To be honest with you, a part of me likes reading articles like this because it gives me further insight into this new woe is me, reverse racism strategy that's prevailing among some whites.

The shyt is incredible.

Whites have transformed name calling by blacks as akin to practices of black discrimination.

Daps
Reppin
Dreadfort
:sadcam: Them st0rmfront trolls are really shytting in that comments section

Theres probably not 1 person from philly posting in there..just fat pasty qaqs from rurual ohio

the coli should start a troll brigade and troll the fu out of white nationalist/cac apreciation sites..coli trolls must unite :cheers::cheers::cheers:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
i find this absolutely hilarious..whites were the ones who forcefully created segregation with their jim crow laws..they were the ones that moved to the suburbs to escape the black people...what do you expect to happend when white hipsters think its okay to move to these neighborhoods..jesus

the sad part is they are totally oblivious, they really don't see any of what you are talking about as a 'problem' with them. :snoop:

if you know the history of whites, blacks really need to start understanding what this train of thought is going to lead too.

Nas said it best - Its elementary they want us all gone eventually

the coli should start a troll brigade and troll the fu out of white nationalist/cac apreciation sites..coli trolls must unite :cheers::cheers::cheers:

I agree somewhat but :stop: the troll game must present FACTS & educate these cacs on what's real

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
bullshyt.
I'm in Philly after living in DC and NYC. This place is tame compared to some of the areas of southeast DC or even Camden nearby.

Btw, this article is beyond ridiculous but it's basically standard fare from clueless white liberals when it comes to race. That's why most black folks don't like to talk about race with whites (even liberals).
Sometimes they try so hard to show that they "understand", it's just self-serving and ridiculous. :sitdown:

I live in DC now breh breh & I grew up right outside of Philly. I dont know about your assessment. Philly (most notably North Philly) & spots 5-10 minutes outside like Camden & Chester are probably the most shyttiest hoods I ever been around. Haven't seen anything in the DMV area that compares. Baltimore is hell on Earth and is on par with Philly but, DC/DMV area is tame. No comparison in my opinion.

As for the thread.....Philly as a town......is half black/half italian & irish. Those Italians & Irish are working class, rough around the edges (think Mark Wahlberg in The Fighter or cats on the Sopranos) so they can survive here. They'll curse you out worse than us. Its those sheltered ass, Step by Step, Full House cacs that get a wakeup call when they come here.

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
I remember reading this article a few weeks ago, my favorite part was the Russian chick who was bytching about how black guys approach her in comparison to white guys. The whole thing is just one big "hey, I know I'm white but I never directly oppressed you, chill out" :skip:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
actually I can't even read the comments, the ignorance being displayed is sickening. I've given up on 'helping' white people understand, it just doesn't compute in their brains.

this is exactly why I focus on getting us right.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I live in DC now breh breh & I grew up right outside of Philly. I dont know about your assessment. Philly (most notably North Philly) & spots 5-10 minutes outside like Camden & Chester are probably the most shyttiest hoods I ever been around. Haven't seen anything in the DMV area that compares. Baltimore is hell on Earth and is on par with Philly but, DC/DMV area is tame. No comparison in my opinion.

As for the thread.....Philly as a town......is half black/half italian & irish. Those Italians & Irish are working class, rough around the edges (think Mark Wahlberg in The Fighter or cats on the Sopranos) so they can survive here. They'll curse you out worse than us. Its those sheltered ass, Step by Step, Full House cacs that get a wakeup call when they come here.

Basically. The ones that come from the middle of nowhere PA...Harrisburg, Allentown, Redding...places like that? Their interaction with black people is limited to BET and MTV so they come to Temple or Philly in general and it's like "Oh my word!!"

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I broke and decided to skim it...surprised at just how racist this comes off as. Cac didn't even ATTEMPT to get a black perspective.

That comment section is straight up Storm Front. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they have a correlated effort to spread their beliefs in there.

Seems like this shyt is causing a ruckus, as it should :

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bei...a:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs
“Being White” article sparks uproar in Philadelphia | The Scoop Blog
Editor admits ‘Being White in Philly’ article had ‘flaws’

The editorial staff of the magazine that wrote the article : Not one negro in sight.

The mayor had to go in :

Last edited by a moderator:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S

As someone born and raised in Philly...along with parents and grandparents who were...this is absolutely 100% truth.