Being White In Philly

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I live in DC now breh breh & I grew up right outside of Philly. I dont know about your assessment. Philly (most notably North Philly) & spots 5-10 minutes outside like Camden & Chester are probably the most shyttiest hoods I ever been around. Haven't seen anything in the DMV area that compares. Baltimore is hell on Earth and is on par with Philly but, DC/DMV area is tame. No comparison in my opinion.

As for the thread.....Philly as a town......is half black/half italian & irish. Those Italians & Irish are working class, rough around the edges (think Mark Wahlberg in The Fighter or cats on the Sopranos) so they can survive here. They'll curse you out worse than us. Its those sheltered ass, Step by Step, Full House cacs that get a wakeup call when they come here.

:bryan: Haven't heard about about that show in forvever... CODY!!! props Malik!

Gang$tarr

sohh coli since 2001
Daps
I'll admit I'm an immigrant so I might be missing something but wut exactly is wrong in that article? All it says is whites are overly sensitive about race in Philly.

yall are truly some overly sensitive whiney betches :umad:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I live in DC now breh breh & I grew up right outside of Philly. I dont know about your assessment. Philly (most notably North Philly) & spots 5-10 minutes outside like Camden & Chester are probably the most shyttiest hoods I ever been around. Haven't seen anything in the DMV area that compares. Baltimore is hell on Earth and is on par with Philly but, DC/DMV area is tame. No comparison in my opinion.

As for the thread.....Philly as a town......is half black/half italian & irish. Those Italians & Irish are working class, rough around the edges (think Mark Wahlberg in The Fighter or cats on the Sopranos) so they can survive here. They'll curse you out worse than us. Its those sheltered ass, Step by Step, Full House cacs that get a wakeup call when they come here.
You saved me from having to post a response. I was born and raised in Chester (the shyttiest small town you have never heard of) and have spent more than my fair share of time in damn near every hood in Philly and there are straight up places I am not going to at certain times of the day just for GP but other spots I will roll through like I own the place.
And them college kids at Temple get some serious culture shock when they realize what their campus is surrounded by.

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol

u can replace philly w/ damn near any city in america.

thats not JUST philly's racial dynamics and perspectives, its americas lol

just saying

and really, shyt like this doesnt, or at least shouldnt matter to black people. our salvation does not depend on white's perception of us..and will not come from 'improving' "black white" relations....shyt like this is a mere distraction.fukk um

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
You saved me from having to post a response. I was born and raised in Chester (the shyttiest small town you have never heard of) and have spent more than my fair share of time in damn near every hood in Philly and there are straight up places I am not going to at certain times of the day just for GP but other spots I will roll through like I own the place.
And them college kids at Temple get some serious culture shock when they realize what their campus is surrounded by.

Yea....I spent most my time in Wilmington growing up. Still I got family all around the area. I got alot people in Chester too :mjpls:

Just out of curiosity, you know anybody named Big Frank? His son Mann? (he just died tho). I'm only asking cuz I know everybody know everybody there.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
didnt_read_old_school_dance_gif.gif

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
are they truly serious with this? is this what journalism has been reduced to? race baiting that attempts to paint whites as "victims" of blacks? this recent article is a collection of accounts describing experiences with blacks in philly, as told by the whites living there.

Being White in Philly | Philadelphia magazine

answer to crime in philly = stop and search

fyi white boys bust their guns out there too for that guap ...for real

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yea....I spent most my time in Wilmington growing up. Still I got family all around the area. I got alot people in Chester too :mjpls:

Just out of curiosity, you know anybody named Big Frank? His son Mann? (he just died tho). I'm only asking cuz I know everybody know everybody there.

KNow the name but don't know him personally.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:comeon: pretty sure DC got the nickname murder capital for a reason. 300-400 murders a yr from the mid 80's to the early 2G. it recently went down to like 100 a yr not too long ago after gentrification :gag: bet you those crimes moved to PG County!.....

a b-more murder rate ain't in the 300s any more. down to a consistent 200
ain't much going on in the suburbs of Baltimore as a hole.

TOO many black people crammed together....something is going down! n!ggas been sayin that since the 90's and i'm 26yrs old and it still holds true. AND if you have no business in a hood stay out of the hood. It's a reason suburb n!gga like my self contribute to stats....they like to go play thug in the hood and hood spots.

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
This is true...south philly and north east philly white trash is known to get it in lol

fukkin meth heads and pill poppers :laugh:

yep...in the port richmond/kensington area them white boys are grimy as fuk...smack/meth heads looking like zombies out there

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Funny thing this article...

They want us to "get over" the institution they put on us (and STILL have on us to some extent) Slavery wasn't slavery...they fed us, clothed us and sheltered us, we should THANK THEM...

We didn't ask to come here, we were forcefully bought here and then MADE to work with no other option but being hung, tarred and feathered, or beaten and killed.

We were segregated and given scraps, hell, we even had to fight for scraps...Made to go behind restaurants and get food, denied over the counter service, and forced to use nasty water fountains like we had some kind of disease that would kill them if they mixed with us...

It wasn't until we DECIDED to fight back and stand up for our selves and our rights that we even had a chance here in America. We are STILL feeling the effects of the institution of slavery and the laws that have been passed for it and because of it (segregation) but they want US to forget that..."GET OVER IT" or "MOVE ON" "It wasn't me who did that"

yet, the race relations in this country (and maybe worldwide) are the way they are because of what their ancestors did, and have they made anything better...barely. But we weren't given a fair shot to succeed in this country but we're supposed to get over it, :snoop: they are so blind....

I'm supposed to read this and feel sorry for the whites in that area of Philly because they've endured a SMALL, MINUTE portion of what my people have endured for hundreds of years? man KISS MY ASS, seriously...unbelievable they want to be the victims NOW, :dwillhuh: mindblowing

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Temple is in the middle of the worst hoods in North philly....you never hear about this with Lasalle,sju, or even ccp....