Belgians burn King Leopold II statues.

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
A lot of this shyt goin on just shows the idiocy of the average goddamn person. That man was a monster, and it takes all this worldwide protesting and riotin for you to remove what should have been removed decades ago. It's honestly pathetic how these mufukkas FINALLY do the decent thing, only after they see a bunch of other whites tryin to get brownie points for doing so also.
yeah bro most people just aren't that smart and dont think too deeply beyond whats in front of them. Thats all ive gotten out of all of this.

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
The Columbus one was yanked down too right? I think in VA?

We know enough about history to stop lionizing some of these motherfukkers.

I feel like there's an added outside force that's taking advantage of this anarchy to topple some of what's been weighing on us. It may have its own agenda but I welcome it.

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
The amount of support is so odd.

I think COVID and the place it's put the world has been such a psychological mind changer.. People were asking themselves if the world's changed for good. And they saw in an instant it changed all across the world. All of us. So when this set off and it was so public. I remember the thread. I haven't even been in many of those threads for the repetition and lack of response but I was in that one. And the I can't breath phrase. It was so haunting cause I remember the last time it happened and the nba protested It's such a powerful phrase.

But back to COVID again. This is the one time in the world people have stopped their daily rat race grind for fear of infection. It's like now the entire community got time to point out wrongs.

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
Growing up in Congo I never really realized just how far behind it was compared to most African countries until I moved to Kenya before coming to the states :francis:. Belgium fked us up in so many ways.

Sema. I'm Kenyan. Yeah it was interesting how we were a hub for so many people. Rwandese as well after their war..
@Malcolmxxx_23 did you pass through Kenya as well?

• Dap
Reactions: Ya?

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
When you realize ADOS was far away in another land enslaved for centuries. And Africa was enslaved as well and millions. I mean I can't even fathom 10 million back in those days were being killed. And that was one country. You see we were never in a position to help one another and unite. Maybe now is the time. We are still being slaughtered here and there by proxy but we are getting stronger. The tipping point will be unity. Because with that unity what they did that worked against us.. Separating us.. Will affect them because now we are all over the world.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Growing up in Congo I never really realized just how far behind it was compared to most African countries until I moved to Kenya before coming to the states :francis:. Belgium fked us up in so many ways.

Yeah Belgium fukked you guys but not just during colonialism. Right at independence, backing that Katanga shyt with Moise Tshombe to steal the copper and divide the country, then with the US Lumumba's assasination and Mobutu's rule...let's not talk about the support for Rwanda during the civil war. If anybody deserves reparations in Africa the DRC is it.