Ben Carson Shattering Stereotype About Brain Surgeons Being Smart (NEW YORKER ARTICLE)

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Ben Carson Shattering Stereotype About Brain Surgeons Being Smart
BY ANDY BOROWITZ

CREDITPHOTOGRAPH BY CHRIS KEANE/LANDOV/REUTERS
The Borowitz Report)—Brain surgeons, long burdened with the onerous reputation of being among the smartest people in the world, are expressing relief that the Republican Presidential candidate Ben Carson is shattering that stereotype once and for all.

In interviews with brain surgeons across the country, the doctors revealed the enormous pressure they felt to live up to their profession’s inflated renown for intelligence before Carson entered the race.

“When people found out I was a brain surgeon they would always assume I was some kind of a genius,” said Harland Dorrinson, a neurosurgeon in Toledo, Ohio. “Now they are beginning to understand that you can know a lot about brain surgery and virtually nothing about anything else.”

Dorrinson said that acquaintances used to view him as a source of wisdom on a wide range of subjects, but added, “Ever since Ben Carson said that prisons make people gay, that’s really fallen off.”

The brain surgeon said that he would probably contribute to Carson’s campaign to keep him in the race: “every time he says something, it helps bring people’s unrealistic expectations about brain surgeons back down to earth.”

He said that he was cheered by Carson’s pronouncement over the weekend that Muslims should not be President. “Now you can cross politics off the list of things that people will expect me to be knowledgeable about,” he said. “I think I speak for a lot of brain surgeons when I say, ‘Thank you, Ben Carson.’ ”

Ben Carson Shattering Stereotype About Brain Surgeons Being Smart

acpower

Rookie
Daps
It's true the guys a complete fukking idiot. I was reading this Op-Ed by this black columnist on NYT just yesterday, was ethered to oblivion.
With Ben Carson, the Doctor Is Always Out

Money quote:
During a Facebook question and answer session, he seemed to suggest that he preferred bodies riddled with bullets to more gun control. Carson wrote:

“There is no doubt that this senseless violence is breathtaking — but I never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away.”

Oh, Ben.

:wow:

Seriously how can you be this stupid? It's really kind of funny because when he talks he seems so calm, serene and sane. But when he opens his mouth you realise quickly that this guy is batsh*t crazy.

Last edited:

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
CQ5qos9UYAEUTRT.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Try asking Neil Degrasse Tyson about anything unrelated to Astrophysics. You'll get results like this.

People that thought Ben Carson would be as politically savvy as a Dr of Political Science or a Lawyer are simple minded fukks. He knows as much as Donald Trump.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Try asking Neil Degrasse Tyson about anything unrelated to Astrophysics. You'll get results like this.

People that thought Ben Carson would be as politically savvy as a Dr of Political Science or a Lawyer are simple minded fukks. He knows as much as Donald Trump.

so what do you know lmao, you don't even know how to run for office if you wanted to, and get your politics spoon fed to through media

goddamn americans are the dumbest self-entitled arrogant fukks wannabe knowitalls who actually know nothing at all

Groanman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
THREE-OH-FIVE TILL I DIE
So what do you propose we do? Please finish your thought
How about we stop following white people around like loyal hound dogs?
How about we appreciate that some Black people might not subscribe to group think mentality like many Black folks do?

Oh, we're not allowed to do that, right?
Because it's worked for us since our ancestors got here, right?

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This is total bullshyt I have seen him talk about a wide range of topics competently.

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
How about we stop following white people around like loyal hound dogs?
How about we appreciate that some Black people might not subscribe to group think mentality like many Black folks do?

Oh, we're not allowed to do that, right?
Because it's worked for us since our ancestors got here, right?

So we're supposed to side with Uncle Ben dumbass instead?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ben Carson is the most sensible person running on either side of the aisle. If he had a D next to his name all these people calling him an idiot would be singing his praises and everyone on the other side would be calling him an idiot.

#Carson2016 all day.
Of course he is.
Linking the 2nd Amendment with the fukkin Nazis is uber sensible

:mjlol:

Ben Carson defends linking gun control to the Holocaust - BBC News

And his debt ceiling knowledge is spot on.
:mjlol:

Asked several times if the ceiling should be raised, Carson said he would "not sign an increased budget."

"I would provide the kind of leadership that says, 'Get on the stick guys, and stop messing around, and cut where you need to cut, because we're not raising any spending limits, period,'" said Carson, who added he supports 3%-4% across-the-board reductions to the federal budget.

"I'm gonna try one more time, sir," Ryssdal responded. "This is debt that's already obligated. Would you not favor increasing the debt limit to pay the debts already incurred?"

Carson answered, "What I'm saying is what we have to do is restructure the way that we create debt. I mean if we continue along this, where does it stop? It never stops."

Ben Carson says the darndest things - CNNPolitics.com