Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Big disappointment and the reception says it all this is some full out mid like wtf were they thinking. Gdmm tracks that were bangers are way better than the good ones on here. This album doesn’t have no guilty level track or gdmm outro og or stressed the griselda track on this isn’t touching John woo flick. It’s funny how wen conways shyt came out it got hated the fukk out which was rightfully so but it wasn’t a bad album at all the songs that hit were so amazing whereas this shyt is some actual mid… it just wasn’t what we hoped for after years of waiting but what I stand on is it’s a good album atleast 3-3.5 mics/5 I realized even more so now that Benny isn’t touching conway on no fukken level. This is a fan of all but it shows that conway isn’t just limited to the same shyt. Even if this album “everybody can’t go” was some tt3 level loops where the tracks are dope af but this couldn’t deliver the direction wasn’t it and it just sounded like songs already made just shyttier versions of better tracks even with the hitboy tracks. Burden of proof batch was a lot better than this song wise. Hall and nash 2 is how it’s done as of recent. And lastly I’m looking forward to that hall and nash 3 and lulu 2 maybe a reject 3 if lucky. Hall and nash 3 is what I’m really psyched about :blessed::blessed::blessed:

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Big disappointment and the reception says it all this is some full out mid like wtf were they thinking. Gdmm tracks that were bangers are way better than the good ones on here. This album doesn’t have no guilty level track or gdmm outro og or stressed the griselda track on this isn’t touching John woo flick. It’s funny how wen conways shyt came out it got hated the fukk out which was rightfully so but it wasn’t a bad album at all the songs that hit were so amazing whereas this shyt is some actual mid… it just wasn’t what we hoped for after years of waiting but what I stand on is it’s a good album atleast 3-3.5 mics/5 I realized even more so now that Benny isn’t touching conway on no fukken level. This is a fan of all but it shows that conway isn’t just limited to the same shyt. Even if this album “everybody can’t go” was some tt3 level loops where the tracks are dope af but this couldn’t deliver the direction wasn’t it and it just sounded like songs already made just shyttier versions of better tracks even with the hitboy tracks. Burden of proof batch was a lot better than this song wise. Hall and nash 2 is how it’s done as of recent. And lastly I’m looking forward to that hall and nash 3 and lulu 2 maybe a reject 3 if lucky. Hall and nash 3 is what I’m really psyched about :blessed::blessed::blessed:

If HnN3 is filled with shyt like this…. :wow:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don’t have to listen chief. Thats partially why the title is what it is.
I know I don't have to listen...the fucc are you even talking about like you're making some insightful point? :laff:

I can  choose to listen to it, like I have, and then  choose to not like it that much you mug :camby:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This album has some of the worst hooks I've ever heard. I just can't get with any of these Griselda rappers. Overly serious. Some decent beats on here but I don't like his voice or his bars

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ran this back for the first time in a couple weeks. I still like the production mix between Alc and Hit, and it's not a bad record at the end of the day. But clearly a step down from TT3+4, as well as Burden of Proof. I also feel like Benny's flows have become more stilted over time. And he was never the smoothest to begin with tbh.

Overall I think the album and its reception show how bad an idea it was to go to a major in the first place. It just doesn't make sense for artists like the Griselda guys, the days of somebody blowing up in a big way off this kind of rap are long in the rearview. Much better to build your brand steadily in a lane that you're actually comfortable in. He's already been mentioned a lot in the thread, but Boldy is the obvious comparison. Stays elevating his craft, but also doesn't put himself in situations where he feels he has to stretch beyond what actually makes sense for him, musically

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
In running this album back again, it's cool but I'm pinpointing the problem I have with, which is the same problem I have with Griselda as a whole besides Conway.

It's not that they talk about the same shyt - every rapper talks about the same shyt. But they talk about the same shyt the same way. There were like 4 or 5 moments on this album where i was like "Wait have I heard this song before? :jbhmm:"

Like we may joke about Pusha T talking about selling coke every song but no two Pusha albums sound the same. You're not gonna hear a song like If You Know You Know on My Name Is My Name. You're not gonna hear a Call My Bluff on Daytona.

With Benny, he's a great rapper with a good ear for beats but he's not much of a songwriter/crafter. So a lot of his shyt overlaps. That's why it's not even a debate for me between him and Freddie

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
I'm gonna revisit this and see if there are tracks I can salvage from this monstrosity and colossal level disappointment of an album.

I do like Jermaine's Graduation

That’s the only song I listen to and replay since the album released. I don’t think he chose the right beats from alc for album it’s the first time Benny and uncle Al missed. The beats he chose he didn’t do them Justice and even tho those alc beats were dope they couldn’t save this album. The hitboy part of the album was a full miss.

Daps

I purchased tickets too late to get the meet and great but is was still a solid. He actually pointed out in the crowd though.

i was going to go to this but i went to the gym. i knew yo ass would be there lol
i'm glad i got to see some of his early career shows
he sounds good though.... clear and good breath control
benny's a good guy